GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question Thread:...

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Suppose I want to get into Auto-X and some track time at Summit Point/Jefferson Circuit. Would I have to go through a drivers course just to get on the track? Or can I just go to the track and basically ask if I can get some track time. How did you do it Alf?

I read the Autocross thread and I think that'll be my first step in terms of getting myself into a fun but safe way to learn your car.

P.S. If anyone has anymore questions, post em up here and the knowledgeable will answer.

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
^

I'm not sure about the rules of for the track, but you can autox without experiance. When you go to the autox just sign up as a novice; you'll get instructors with you for (usually) atleast 3 runs, more if you want. Also running in novice class ranks you with other novices so you can compare your times with other new comers.

Tom, a friend of mine used to autoX at Fed-ex field on the weekends. might want to check that out, don't know if they still do that.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Best bet is to contact your local SCCA Division/Region/Chapter and find out what they have to offer.

http://www.scca.org/Solo/Solo.asp

Autocrossing (Solo) is a great start to help you find you and your cars limits.. before Track time (Road Course). Alf, LOL!:bellyroll:

Some Autocross clubs buy track time as group for a day or a weekend... no one else but your club is on the track.

Take it from an oldhead that's done it since '77... chat with the local oldheads and you WILL learn a lot from them!

Last edited:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
www.driversedge.net is who i go through.

look for a certain track and check out their schedule, find a date you wanna run. and see who is running that day, then contact the run group that is running that day and ask to run with them.

for example, porsche groups, bmw groups, mini groups, etc etc.

i dont do autocross, i see no point in learning how to drive around a parking lot. for 3- 3 minute sessions.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I think I said it wrong, but I meant both of both worlds. Autocross and running around a track. Note that I said Summit Point/Jefferson Circuit :biggrin:

But thanks guys.