GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*Question about K04 Turbo whp and crank horse power*

zigger

Banned
Hi guys..I'm sorry but I am abit confused about this. I just orderd a K04 kit from Unitronic early this week and i have been doing some research. I noticed on alot of sites .AWE. Stasis engineering that when theyt advertise the K04 turbo they claim 300 bhp and 310 tq. I was under the impresion that this kit produces 300 whp and 300+ tq @ the wheel which makes for aprox 350 bhp (crank) Am I wrong? I got dyno sheets right from unitronics own test car that showes 308 whp on a dyno dynamics. Can some of you PLEASE chime on this?
Thanks..
oh and if ANYONE knows what the trap speed average is on a K04 that would be sweet
Thank u again..

Here is the dyno sheet of the k04 kit on unitronics dyno

304 @ the wheels. = 350 bhp

Unitronics told me there k04 car traped @ 109 mph

http://www.unitronic.ca/performance...GTI&year=2008&displacement=2.0T+FSI&x=26&y=15

Last edited:

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I know alot of the K04 tests are done on a stock motor. I'm getting a AWE K04 installed on oct.21, and I was told 290-300 @ at the wheel with tbe, cai, S3 ic, giac tune etc... Of course I could get much more if I upgraded my tune to include higher octane rated gas/race fuel. + the AWE kit DOES not include fueling, but There injectors/hpfp will be available in the spring & after there installed w/ a re-flash I'm sure it will add some more ponies:iono:

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
I'd say any K04 kit is good for 290+whp... I could see 300, 295, 290, 305, etc

The fueling will mainly add power in the low and midrange, the stock fueling has plenty for the peak RPM's, like 6k which is where you find the highest hp numbers.

So, while your AWE K04 doesn't have the expensive fueling upgrades, looking purely at peak whp... you should get about the same numbers as other K04 kits with upgraded fueling.

Down the road when you add injectors and a fuel pump, you'll notice a HUGE difference, but peak numbers won't change much... but then again... peak numbers really don't mean jack sh#%.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I'd say any K04 kit is good for 290+whp... I could see 300, 295, 290, 305, etc

The fueling will mainly add power in the low and midrange, the stock fueling has plenty for the peak RPM's, like 6k which is where you find the highest hp numbers.

So, while your AWE K04 doesn't have the expensive fueling upgrades, looking purely at peak whp... you should get about the same numbers as other K04 kits with upgraded fueling.

Down the road when you add injectors and a fuel pump, you'll notice a HUGE difference, but peak numbers won't change much... but then again... peak numbers really don't mean jack sh#%.

Nice, yeah I'm gonna pre-pay for fueling just to be safe down the longroad, but I wasn't expecting a huge jump from them like you said:biggrin: I went with AWE because they've been really good to me & my wife + my current mods fit the best with there set-up. They also back my kit for life, most other kits only for 12 months. It's a no brainer for me especially with them being 20 miles from me, and with 17 years in the same location I trust they'll be around awhile. I'll be representing around the east coast show curcuit for them this next season.

zigger

Banned
ok But in my case I already have the APR hpfp in my car. I am installing the k04 turbo and the injectors. Along with that I have a 3" TBE and obviously I will get the file (tune for k04) . so 300 whp sounds about right?
which is aprox 340 bhp

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
ok But in my case I already have the APR hpfp in my car. I am installing the k04 turbo and the injectors. Along with that I have a 3" TBE and obviously I will get the file (tune for k04) . so 300 whp sounds about right?
which is aprox 340 bhp

yep, you should have around 300whp and an extremely wide powerband... i'm very jealous!

Epwerkz

Ready to race!
is atp gt28rs is consider K04 as well??

Epwerkz

Ready to race!
A K04 will only hit around 300whp safely on 93 octane if you have proper fueling [larger injectors and HPFP].

300whp on 93 octane and probably 350Hp+ on crank ?are we talking on the dsg transmission or manual transmission?

im still very confuse about the tuning on my ecu.
i'm planning to get the unitronic guy in singapore to help me out but when my mechanic told me that he preferred that the guy from unitronic itself can tune the car on the shop on each rpm.not jut transffering all the data to the ecu.

he told me to use unichip by dastek ( S africa companyc) so they can tune on each RPM etc etc

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
HPFP Upgrade = More broad Powerband in Low & Mid Range (maybe a little up top)

s3 (or Upgraded) Injectors = More Power Higher in the RPM band...I think s3 get the k04 an extra 30whp over stock k03 Injectors

The AWE numbers are lower due to the lack of extra fueling.

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
300whp on 93 octane and probably 350Hp+ on crank ?are we talking on the dsg transmission or manual transmission?

im still very confuse about the tuning on my ecu.
i'm planning to get the unitronic guy in singapore to help me out but when my mechanic told me that he preferred that the guy from unitronic itself can tune the car on the shop on each rpm.not jut transffering all the data to the ecu.

he told me to use unichip by dastek ( S africa companyc) so they can tune on each RPM etc etc

Have you considered using the APR ko4 software with your 28rs?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
we have about a 12% drivetrain loss. 300WHP is about 335-340BHP

Last edited: