GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about Directed's CAN1 transponder

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
I am getting a viper 7900 alarm with remote start for my car. I was looking into the alarm, and found the CAN1 transponder. I was wondering if you get this transponder, do u need to have a viper alarm, or just use the factory one. My main goal is to get remote start for my vechile, although the aftermarket alarm would be a nice addition. If anyone knows feel free to let me know

JAcustoms

Passed Driver's Ed
the can one has to be attached to an aftermarket alarm. The Can 1 wont work without it. Another bit of advice is that there are different versions of the Can 1 so you have to get the right one for the year and month your car was made other wise it wont work(I found out the hard way). Other than that is not a horrible interface but it does have it giltches. The one that seems most annoying to me is that once you start the car the alarm doesnt reset itself so my security light kept blinking even when the car was running. I finally just cut the LED wire. Another effect that this defect had was that after the shock sensor went of a couple times it stopped working. I found that this was because nucence prevention was on so you have to turn that feature off when you program it. but on the good side it does roll all your windows up and down from the remote and it will unlock all the doors with one push instead of two, oh and its a better security system than the factory. Hopes this helps and isnt to confusing.

dts

So if you get the CAN1 interface how many of the wires (of the Alarm and CAN1 module) still need to be manually connected (soldered)? If there are many then what's the point of the CAN1 module? or is remote start and alarm not possible with out it (i.e. installing a conventional alarm/remote start).

Icranon - How did you go? any updates?

JAcustoms

Passed Driver's Ed
Its been a while since I installed it but I beleive that there were only 3 wires I had to soder. But I didnt put in the remote start and I know with this car you will also have to buy another module to bypass the key sense so there is definatly going to be a need for more sodering for remote start.