GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Damn bro, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck.

Glad Dan could help you out! He's a great guy and helped me out when I needed it.

I also have the Spulen Catch Can and have had it for 10K plus miles and never experienced what you have. Even after multiple back to back pulls, it was never full. I think you might have had a defective plate.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Why does anyone buy spulen junk?

Diggs, you might be out of the loop on this one, but the Spulen V2 system is something they did really, really right. It's supposed to fix the oil surge issue and hold up to BT boost just fine. I've been recommending it over the VWR kit since I had my VWR problems along with the others with BT setups that had issues with VWR. Spulen has been the only system I've recommended since then, as I've heard countless good things about it, and many people I know have run it with success.

I second that. Never had any problems with mine.

I'm not saying that Quebster did this but what would happen if the lines running to the catch can were reversed?

So I triple checked that, and with others, and best we can tell, they're all good. On that note I forgot to mention that I am running the VWR can with the Spulen plate. I made sure that the hoses are hooked up the same as they would be with both Spulen and VWR cans/plates. A local buddy is running the exact same setup, with VWR can, built motor, EQT turbo, and does not have this issue. Plus, Spulen will sell the plate alone for those looking to make "your own catch can setup", so running it with the VWR can should be a non-issue.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Spulen-1.8T-and-2.0T-Gen3-Catch-Can-Adapter-V2.html
1FC0FE09-7F3A-4B58-9A4A-A603DDCB13B4.jpeg

The line to the purge valve isn't hooked up in this pic, but I did hook it up ? I was wondering if they were reversed too, to be honest. Hell I guess I really don't have any way of knowing for sure other than my local friend having it hooked up this way as well... EDIT: If you look at how VWR's is supposed to set up, the can connection furthest back goes to PCV, and the can connection closest to front of engine bay goes to turbo inlet. So, the way I have it should be correct.

Last edited: