GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSS9/APR RSB Questions...

gtiwop

Ready to race!
Please bear with me, I'm a real noob when it comes to suspension.

I've had PSS9 installed now for almost two years now and love them.
I have recently installed the APR RSB (full soft) and the rear end ride has become really rough even thou on paper it is not supposed to happen.
I am having to increase the rear ride height about 5mm to make it even with the front (been like that since the beginning). Will this increase in ride height soften the rear end a little? Do I need to soften the shock setting also (smaller number, correct)?

Most important question: How to adjust the ride height.
I know the spring perch has two collars. I assume the lower one must be the locking collar and the upper one must be the adjusting collar. Which direction do I turn the adjusting collar to increase ride height? Counter clock wise as in going left or clock wise as in going right?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.:bow:

dtvburns

Tweek
I don't know how the ride could have changed with a RSW are you sure you are just now noticing it? Rough can mean stiff and good performance why make the mods for performance if you do not want it? If you want soft stay stock

Look at the threads on the collars to see which way raises or lowers the car.

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
you are correct. the bottom one is the lock collar, the top one (that the spring sits on) is the perch

spin the lock collar...when it "unlocks" from the perch....turn the perch the opposite direction to raise the car.

i can't visualize which actual direction you spin it though.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
it's just like any righthanded thread, righty-tighty, lefty-loosey. it should be obvious that compressing the spring lowers the ride height

gtiwop

Ready to race!
Thanks Nectar and Meat for the help, it is appreciated.
And DTVBURNS? I apologize if have offended your mechanical sensitivity, it is obvious that your knowledge is so much superior than mine. I do however know the difference between stiff and performance, this is not my first SB and that is why I bought a hollow one instead of a BSH solid one. In spite of general belief a SB DOES firm up the ride and not exclusively on a turn. Maybe you do enjoy having your spine compressed (if you have one...) with every crack in the road but I do not. I was merely asking politely for help. With that said if you cannot contribute anything positive, go to anger management or stay the f^&k off the forum.
Thank you