GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA for those who want to see GolfMKV in a more family oriented way

dosbox

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 UG 2-dr GTI
It is the flippin' internet...

I've never understood this attitude. Many of the people who like to be crude and rude on forums do so because of the perceived anonymity.

Yet it took all of five seconds to find out that you once drove a Maroon Jeep Cherokee whose license plate ended with 363 :wink:

dosbox

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 UG 2-dr GTI
what was my first car doxbox?

I have no idea yminusy, but you're apparently an atheist :thumbsup: :wink:

For the record, I couldn't care less if people want to make asses of themselves around here. It'll just mean the forum slowly dies as people find it less pleasant to hang around. :iono:

ChiliFrei64

Pappa Smurf
I posted this in the thread this was brought up

just answered my own question.

Built in, you can only censor the entire board

They do have a plugin for vbulletin
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105209
which apparently allows the user to create their own censor.

Not sure how you feel about plugins. I run a few forums and I know plugins can be nightmares sometimes, especially during upgrades. This one looks simple enough.. but thats not for me to decide.

Just throwin the option out there. Personally.. I dont really care though

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
By turning off Avatars and Sigs your getting rid every avatar and sig when only 20-30% are the problem.

I turn off sigs on every forum that allows the option. When I see sigs, they remind of of advertisements that I have to see over and over between every single post and are a whole mess of wasted space. It's especially annoying when it's a thread with two people arguing back and forth that have sigs longer than their posts.

I leave avatars on as I never read user names, so I need the avatars to keep track of who is who.

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
WHY ARE PEOPLE LOOKING AT THIS FORUM AT WORK!!! where's the productivity in this country going?... to india!!! Freaking go to work to work and come home and enjoy yourself you slackers!

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
WHY ARE PEOPLE LOOKING AT THIS FORUM AT WORK!!! where's the productivity in this country going?... to india!!! Freaking go to work to work and come home and enjoy yourself you slackers!

I've gotten work where I've had to fix problems caused by outsourcing, so my lack of productivity is offset by the quality of my work.

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker

i have lots of downtime at work where i have absolutely nothing to do.

im happy no rules were changed, the freedom here is the reason i never post on vortex anymore

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
I dont agree with this approach to the problem. Its very much like cutting off your arm because you got a paper cut.

By turning off Avatars and Sigs your getting rid every avatar and sig when only 20-30% are the problem.
I personally think most of the sigs and avatars are pretty ghey, so this option works for me. You of course are free to look at all the tasteless avatars, sigs, and other bits of ego stroking that go on in this forum.