GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PS3 Price Cut

Justin W

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Jetta
Ummm... I think the new units actually do backwards compatibility through software emulation... this is what MS does with the Xbox 360 for Xbox "1" games.

If I'm correct about this... that the new units use emulation.. backwards compatibility goes from nearly 100% of PS1/PS2 games compatible to around 60% compatible with the new units.

I could be wrong though... they may not even be doing the emulation on the new units though... seems like a bad idea to me though.

Andaris

TMV
Car(s)
Civic Si
Im not a huge gaming freak but I was a Sony fan bot but they are truly getting pwned by microsoft, they release a ridiculously priced system with no good games flaws.. im not saying microsoft has been perfect but they are delivering the games.. anyway
I play my 360 in a 1080i sharp aquos got it black friday 32 inches 499 dollars well worth it.

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Hate to say it... but have fun waiting... it's not even on the release radar.
Can't believe Sony allowed themselves to get this far into the generation without a Class A track or street racing title.

december 07.

anyone know which is better to watch you BlueRay and play games in HD? should i get the HDMI cable, or the Component cables?

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
december 07.

anyone know which is better to watch you BlueRay and play games in HD? should i get the HDMI cable, or the Component cables?

Component is fine. If you buy an HDMI just buy a cheap one for like $20, a digital signal is a digital signal it doesn't matter if it's a tiny cable or a garden hose. HDMI you'll want to use if you have a killer receiver and want to use all the new audio codecs, but if you don't have killer audio, coax is fine to use DD5.1.

I wouldn't hold your breath on dec '07, it could obviously happen but Forza 2 was slated for spring '06, then November '06 and finally released May '07.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Component is fine. If you buy an HDMI just buy a cheap one for like $20, a digital signal is a digital signal it doesn't matter if it's a tiny cable or a garden hose. HDMI you'll want to use if you have a killer receiver and want to use all the new audio codecs, but if you don't have killer audio, coax is fine to use DD5.1.

I wouldn't hold your breath on dec '07, it could obviously happen but Forza 2 was slated for spring '06, then November '06 and finally released May '07.

i have a good surround already, just wanna take advantage of the HD video. Component sounds good. how about these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ategoryId=pcmcat103600050010&id=1155065410910

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!

Andaris

TMV
Car(s)
Civic Si

where can you get 20 dollar HDMI cables?