GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PS3 Price Cut

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
If you haven't already bought a 360 or a Wii...

The PS3 is now $100 cheaper at $499 now. Just a FYI.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
yea i just saw that today. i might get it with my new TV. my Living Room TV blew out. any suggestions on good Sets? i want crystal clear quality and i wanna hook up that PS3

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
cnet.com does pretty good reviews on LCD's and Plasma's just make sure you get a set that supports 1080 as 720 are already getting "old" and will be cheaper by a few hundreds. and remember the higher the contrast ration the better the blacks which is good you wont want black to look like its grey

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i got a steal on a sony wega 50" LCD projection for 900 bucks last november, but it was for black friday...even now they are still goin for 1200 or so, so not too bad, but it is the "old" 720p...but the picture is good enough for me

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
i got a 32' westinghouse 720p LCD HDTV(read a bunch of reviews and people loved it especially for the reasonable price)...got the PS3 hooked up with the monster HDMI cable and the picture is absolutely amazing. Sony is a great company also along with samsung, sharp, and LG.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
LCD is ok if you're always in a bright room, but plasma is the only way to go for movies and gaming in a darker room

360 + HD DVD FTW, PS3 and BlewRay FTL :biggrin:

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
LCD is ok if you're always in a bright room, but plasma is the only way to go for movies and gaming in a darker room

360 + HD DVD FTW, PS3 and BlueRay FTL :biggrin:

fixed, but i think night time is night time. LCD will still look fine and plasma is more expensive and i heard it doesn't last as long.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Still $100 over priced.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
fixed, but i think night time is night time. LCD will still look fine and plasma is more expensive and i heard it doesn't last as long.

Yes it was a joke, BlewRay, or BlurryRay if you prefer :biggrin:

60,000 hours half life isn't long enough? At 8 hours a day, that's 20 years. No dead pixels to worry about, and no washed out blacks when watching movies in the dark.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I got a ps3 since day one.. yes im a sony fan boy get over it.. I got a 360 and a wii i never play lol