GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project ultimate daily. Build #2

larcic

Ready to race!
No lift shifting is more beneficial the larger the turbo you go. Ko3 and 04 spool so fast, so benefits will be not so noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this^ same thing i was trying to say

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I know you can do it with ur feet i drive a 6mt but this makes it extremely easy to launch at very specific rpms just seems worth it to me I'd pay it in a heartbeat. the no lift shift I didnt think it would help that much specially with a small turbo that spools instantly like k03 and k04 I just think its awesome to be able to keep ur foot on the gas and change gears...

To each their own I suppose. I've never had a problem using my feet.

Sorry to threadjack carson, if you want me to delete all these not related to your build I will!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well I would like to report that project ultimate daily is truly becoming the ultimate daily. All the little things I never thought about doing to the racecar back when it was my daily are really paying off on this one. Between the android head unit, heated seats, weathertech window guards, 034 mounts, etc I am super happy every time I drive it. The new tune has upped drive ability big time! The only major thing I want to do at this point is get new/better suspension. The FK's are just too stiff for me, I don't want a Cadillac but I also don't want the Honda civic bounce I'm at now. Don't get me wrong, for $500 I'm super happy with the FK's, my wife's rack on the other hand....

larcic

Ready to race!
To each their own I suppose. I've never had a problem using my feet.

Sorry to threadjack carson, if you want me to delete all these not related to your build I will!

I dont know why me wanting launch control and no lift shift means i have a problem using my feet. I dont. I would just like to have it because it seems like fun simple as that and 100$ seems very reasonable to me(there are lots of mods that I find unreasonably priced...). and I dont think he minds but if he does I'll delete mine too. but you are right to each its own.

larcic

Ready to race!
Well I would like to report that project ultimate daily is truly becoming the ultimate daily. All the little things I never thought about doing to the racecar back when it was my daily are really paying off on this one. Between the android head unit, heated seats, weathertech window guards, 034 mounts, etc I am super happy every time I drive it. The new tune has upped drive ability big time! The only major thing I want to do at this point is get new/better suspension. The FK's are just too stiff for me, I don't want a Cadillac but I also don't want the Honda civic bounce I'm at now. Don't get me wrong, for $500 I'm super happy with the FK's, my wife's rack on the other hand....

what suspension are you thinking about??

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Carson. Maybe check out Koni FSD's paired with Eibach Sportlines. I'm not a fan of twin tube struts, but for a daily when you have a race car, they'll be fine.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Airbags yo!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Carson. Maybe check out Koni FSD's paired with Eibach Sportlines. I'm not a fan of twin tube struts, but for a daily when you have a race car, they'll be fine.

That's actually the setup I'm considering. Of course, I fucked up like 5 months ago. They had FSD's on sale for $300. Could have done that exact setup for the same I paid for my FK streetlines. But they went on sale literally 3 days after I ordered the FK's.

live4something

Ready to race!
I dont know why me wanting launch control and no lift shift means i have a problem using my feet. I dont. I would just like to have it because it seems like fun simple as that and 100$ seems very reasonable to me(there are lots of mods that I find unreasonably priced...). and I dont think he minds but if he does I'll delete mine too. but you are right to each its own.
The thing is for me I would have to pay $250 to add LC. I already have NLS, the previous owner bought the tune so I would have to pay a transfer fee to APR.

Also LC is more than just not using your feet. You can't make the car build boost on the line without it. So yea, you could just press the gas and leave at whatever RPM you want. Without the launch control feature you are leaving on 0 boost

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The thing is for me I would have to pay $250 to add LC. I already have NLS, the previous owner bought the tune so I would have to pay a transfer fee to APR.

Also LC is more than just not using your feet. You can't make the car build boost on the line without it. So yea, you could just press the gas and leave at whatever RPM you want. Without the launch control feature you are leaving on 0 boost

Just make sure you're ready to buy a new clutch. NLS can be useful on the track, but it takes some getting use to. The LC is pretty much for the annoying popping noise, but only useful for stoplight racing or somewhat at the strip. Having had both, the LC cost vs benefit is high. And back to the thread....

live4something

Ready to race!
Just make sure you're ready to buy a new clutch. NLS can be useful on the track, but it takes some getting use to. The LC is pretty much for the annoying popping noise, but only useful for stoplight racing or somewhat at the strip. Having had both, the LC cost vs benefit is high. And back to the thread....
Same conclusion I've come to. Investment vs reward ratio kind of sucks. I was able to get a 1.7 60' on PSS at 40psi. It was also the first time I had ever been on a prepped track

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That's actually the setup I'm considering. Of course, I fucked up like 5 months ago. They had FSD's on sale for $300. Could have done that exact setup for the same I paid for my FK streetlines. But they went on sale literally 3 days after I ordered the FK's.

Haha that's always the case! I'm excited for the roads to be clean of salt so I can get my exhaust fixed and hopefully be without a lean code. I need to check out your race car.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Why wouldnt anyone want launch control... especially if their car is only for the track, like a number of us. Would definitely help me out but on eurodyne we get 2 step and i havent messed with it. Carson this car is going to be faster 1/4 mile than that racecar pretty soon

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Why wouldnt anyone want launch control... especially if their car is only for the track, like a number of us. Would definitely help me out but on eurodyne we get 2 step and i havent messed with it. Carson this car is going to be faster 1/4 mile than that racecar pretty soon

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

It already is lol. My little K03 on the racecar doesn't stand a chance against the daily and the K04. Even with the racecar being ~500lbs lighter lol. That will change when the racecar gets a fully built motor and an EFR turbo next winter :biggrin: