GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project ultimate daily. Build #2

larcic

Ready to race!
yea i dont like w/m idea to a daily just a nice intercooler.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Agreed. W/M is a beast, but it's a daily and W/M can be disastrous if it fails. Plus the track record of TSI throttle bodies failing are high with it.

The only way I'd do it is with the Aquamist kit which is $900ish haha.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ok everyone, to add watermeth or not to the daily? Opinions?

I have been running w/m with a race file, GIAC first and DM after for a few years now. It is wonderful, not problematic and VERY worth the cost and effort. There is the added benefit of not losing your power in hot summer months.

Contrary to what you see posted your motor does not blow up if the system fails or you run out of mix. Mine has failed completely at the track and the result is that the ECU just pulls the necessary timing to protect the motor and you have the expected reduction in power. I drove all out the first session only to find out I had not used any mix when it happened last year.

I have run a similar setup on my last 3 cars which were all daily drivers.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
yea i dont like w/m idea to a daily just a nice intercooler.

You need both, especially where you live. I run an APR intercooler and by itself it can only do so much. Water meth can do things that a large intercooler cannot when it comes to even more extreme cooling and providing a lot of anti-knock capability allowing you to run more aggressive tunes than just with a large intercooler. Of course this is only important if you are looking for MOAR power.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
What kit do you run? And yep, chemical cooling > an air to air intercooler that's bringing in hot air still.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What kit do you run? And yep, chemical cooling > an air to air intercooler that's bringing in hot air still.

Combination of the two is the ticket. Intercooler is on all the time and w/m just on when you get in to boost. So in light driving when w/m isn't firing off you are still getting the benefit of the large intercooler helping you maintain power even under low boost driving. My car moves faster off the line at 5 psi than most normal traffic does and so when just driving normally I may not hit the 6psi trigger for w/m.

I run a Snow kit with 2 nozzles.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Combination of the two is the ticket. Intercooler is on all the time and w/m just on when you get in to boost. So in light driving when w/m isn't firing off you are still getting the benefit of the large intercooler helping you maintain power even under low boost driving. My car moves faster off the line at 5 psi than most normal traffic does and so when just driving normally I may not hit the 6psi trigger for w/m.

I run a Snow kit with 2 nozzles.

What's your start and stop PSI for the water meth?

Jaguar Land Rover...

VW is slow, this year has been VERY bad...Last year I tried everything I could to make money without scamming and doing scheisty shit but I still had a down year. Then some other shit happened that left a taste I didn't like.

A fellow tech had went to this dealer months ago and can't say anything bad, so I made the move.4 years as a VW tech and I feel was always slighted, I was better than other guys in so many ways yet always got the short end. I'm bitter but not holding a grudge, alot of VW corporate guys liked me so I knew I was doing something right.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I said it a long time ago that VW is going to be in bigger trouble than people realize with Dieselgate. The problem of the cars isn't their biggest issue. Even getting fined billions isn't the biggest issue (although it is a huge issue regardless). It's the fact that they deceived the consumer and in the process of doing so, destroyed their reputation. Getting that back is going to take years and could cost VW billions lost in sales long-term. Especially when they're still not as willing to haggle as Toyota, Honda, and especially GM and Ford.

Yeah, I said it a long time ago that VW is going to be in bigger trouble than people realize with Dieselgate. The problem of the cars isn't their biggest issue. Even getting fined billions isn't the biggest issue (although it is a huge issue regardless). It's the fact that they deceived the consumer and in the process of doing so, destroyed their reputation. Getting that back is going to take years and could cost VW billions lost in sales long-term. Especially when they're still not as willing to haggle as Toyota, Honda, and especially GM and Ford.

They fired my service manager, while I didn't agree with a couple of his decisikns, he was number one on almost every list they have for VW. We do (or did) alot of things right, yet cars aren't coming in. I've seen it since September 18th. People don't want to give VW any money. The owners decision was to fire him for various reasons but mainly because of profits. Any idiot can tell why sales would be down, the new manager didn't want to hear it...But I could see his face as cars didn't show up and it was just various bs...He said to me(as they tried to get me to stay, offered raises etc) it will get better.

How many years not months is the question, I don't have time in life to go backwards.

Listen at the end of the day my specialty was and is VW, it's what I started with...But it's just electrical and nuts and bolts. Jlr is busy and a higher end brand. I'll make more money as a low c tech than an a tech at VW...It's sad.