GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The track whore transformation is complete! I love the naked carbon fiber door skins!

Lmao, it's far from complete but its coming along. Unfortunately the guy that had the carbon fiber hatch wasn't so cool and that didn't work out. But say la v, I'll just keep plugging away. This car is one of those you either love it or hate it things. I get just as many compliments as I get criticism, but I'm not building it for anyone else and in the end if my crazy grand scheme comes together, my wife and I will have one hell of a track day car.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Things that make you go hmmmm. 5k miles on the setup, sort of kinda tempted. Anyone here know PT turbos? I know the 5031R is one of their smaller turbos, PT's website says 460HP but nothing about the characteristics of the spool times, etc.

I'll be honest...Every used part I bought eventually got swapped out...I spent so much money on the back end for decisions I made so my build cost me dearly. Had I done it right I wouldn't have needed a second trans, second turbo, second bottom end, second intake, exhaust etc...It doesn't matter now but hindsight. If you ever want an ffe manifold I can talk to Ed and see if he'd cut you a deal.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I'll be honest...Every used part I bought eventually got swapped out...I spent so much money on the back end for decisions I made so my build cost me dearly. Had I done it right I wouldn't have needed a second trans, second turbo, second bottom end, second intake, exhaust etc...It doesn't matter now but hindsight. If you ever want an ffe manifold I can talk to Ed and see if he'd cut you a deal.

Oh I totally hear you, the PT wasn't even on my radar but for that price, ughhh. And it's a smaller frame turbo so I would imagine lag isn't bad. I'll just stick to my original plan, don't really have that money anyway. I've always wanted a tubular manifold from FFE but am not ready for it yet. I may take you up on that offer when the time comes though.

Ok, so now I do need some input. Dude with the CF hatch offered it to me for $400 + my stock hatch and I have to get mine tinted to match his 5% tint he has on his car. Is it worth it? New they run about $850, but then all the labor of pulling the glass and the spoiler, etc it gets a little pricey. Looking at over $1k to do it new. Should I do the swap or no?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
No, don't do it. Weight in the back end of the car is beneficial.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
You could always buy it. Leave it in garage for a year till you give up an sell it to me cheap

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk