GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
Track cars are always show cars. Nobody has ever said "No you can't bring your P1 GTR, its not a show car."

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Hence why you didn't see me at that show hahaha. I was there yesterday for a TSSCC autox though! IMG_6325.JPG

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Getting ready to start actually tearing down the red car. Hopefully next weekend I can get started on it, need to get the garage organized this week before I dig into it. Got a hoist and engine stand ready to go, hopefully after next weekend I'll have a spare motor and trans pulled and ready to go.

In other exciting news, going to look at a used 4 post lift tomorrow morning. If all is well I'll be brining that back to my garage sometime this week!

Edit: Plan from the git go was to fly the racecar and park the daily under it. Need to run 220 to my garage and figure out my door situation. Can't open the door when you have a car up on the lift, so you can't pull another car under it lol. Oh first world problems.

MikeG918

Passed Driver's Ed
This thread is where it's at man, all go and no show! I'd much rather have that than the other way around. Kids these days:yikes: To each their own though. There's nothing wrong with a nice clean show car but dayum this camber fad needs to go away! I'm dying to get mine on the track but there's no way I'll make it this year. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Easy way for the door issue is to remove old door and make a new barn door that swings out. I know someone who did that specifically for a lift.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that, definitely the cheapest route to go. Also I did buy the lift, it's old and beat up but works great, no leaks, no issues and actually a really cool lift. Never thought of a 4 poster before but after seeing how it works it's super cool. Will allow me to make suspension adjustments, mess with preload, etc. Has scissor lifts built into the main rails. So you can lift the car on the rails and then lift the car again off the rails.

Need to grab a box truck from work to transport it, also need to figure out how to disassemble and reassemble the damn thing now lol.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
This thread is where it's at man, all go and no show! I'd much rather have that than the other way around. Kids these days:yikes: To each their own though. There's nothing wrong with a nice clean show car but dayum this camber fad needs to go away! I'm dying to get mine on the track but there's no way I'll make it this year. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Totally agree, when they told me how it all went down I just laughed. Wasn't expecting to win shit lol, I built it to win races, not shows lol.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Forgot to add some pics of the lift. Will be power washing it and repainting while it's all torn down before I install it in the garage. Got my electrician coming out this week to wire in the 220.

Drove the racecar to go look at it. Had way too much fun on the drive, this thing is really running well! Ran a C63 AMG, he wooped me, but not by as much as either of us would have thought lol.

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
That lift is pretty legit. Buddy of mine has one and his ramps detach so he can shut his garage if need, has stops that insert in. Maybe you could try something like that?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So dude just sold the lift right out from underneath me. Brought cash when I went to look at it on Sunday and he told me no worries, just pay me when you pick it up next Saturday. Had my electrician coming out tonight to wire in the 220 and texted the guy what amperage the lift was. Got a text back saying the lift is sold, cash is in hand, sorry........ WTF!!!! So no lift boys, going to have to wait till another deal comes around, so fuming pissed right now.