GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Remove them and fill the holes.

I was hoping there wasn't holes behind them, you sure it's not just like double sided tape or an adhesive?

Since the door color changed, so did the driver name color. Also got new "sponsor" stickers coming.

Since all the carbon fiber things now look brand new (doors are) I'm going to have my buddy refinish the mirrors as well now. Spending money on cosmetic stuff kills me.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
There are holes

Also those names being wavy would bug the shit out to me.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Going to be a very busy weekend! Finishing up the front undercarriage work. Swapping the skid plate and picking up the sheet metal to start fabbing up the rest. Also picked up a set of front canards to add to the aero work.

Started talking with BMSPEC about a custom rear wing setup, I'll keep yall informed as that progresses.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
It was 30° and rainy out so the skid plate wasn't happening today. Shifted gears and went after another project I've been needing to finish. Front end refresh with all the goodies.

Out with the old.

In with the new.

Finally installed the bumpsteer kit.

And installed the last bushing in the entire car that isn't spherical bearing or Powerflex black series poly.

Now have to get the rear tiguan spindles and hardware ordered up to finish off the chassis/suspension work.

And a silly little mod, single arm center swipe wiper.

dmfracer

Ready to race!
Make sure you get the lock nuts tight on those sway bar end links. Mine are rattling - took a while to figure it out. I had something similar happen on my '14 Mustang GT at Texas World Speedway during a track day - kept hearing a rattle in the back of the car - it was the lock nut on the adjustable rear panhard bar that was loose.

Are those Eibach sway bars? I'm thinking about getting a set. How are they?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Looking good. Not sure if it's a combination of all the things I've done or just the poly LCA mounts, but the steering wheel returns to neutral much quicker. I have the H&R 26mm fsb. And what a difference the 034 strut mounts and the Tyrolsport subframe bushing kit makes.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Make sure you get the lock nuts tight on those sway bar end links. Mine are rattling - took a while to figure it out. I had something similar happen on my '14 Mustang GT at Texas World Speedway during a track day - kept hearing a rattle in the back of the car - it was the lock nut on the adjustable rear panhard bar that was loose.

Are those Eibach sway bars? I'm thinking about getting a set. How are they?

Lol, they're tight and have been on for a while now. But honestly, even if they did make noise I probably wouldn't hear it, car is ridiculously loud between all solid or poly bushings and mounts and the straight exhaust.

I actually run SPM solid front and rear bars on it, absolutely love them. I have an Eibach rear bar on my daily just to liven it up a bit.