GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

larcic

Ready to race!
I say leave them. not a show car, spend your money elsewhere until the build is done

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I say leave them. not a show car, spend your money elsewhere until the build is done

While I agree, it just doesn't look completed. If it was gray or black, I could see it. Just a weird contrast. But I was never a fan of non painted CF hoods either.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
While I agree, it just doesn't look completed. If it was gray or black, I could see it. Just a weird contrast. But I was never a fan of non painted CF hoods either.

If it still bothers me after everything else is done on the car I might, but it's literally the last last thing on a very long list. It might get pulled together with the addition of the hood and hatch, kind of a patchwork look, only one way to find out.

On a side note, noticed a shit ton of oil on my driver side rear shock, pretty sure it blew. I'll have to pull it and send it into Eibach for warranty rebuild.

Edit: Should I transfer the CW rub strips over from my OEM skins? Might help pull it together in the mean time.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I would say the race car should look aggressive, not like uncompleted puzzle.
Your car looks really awesome and you are caring about details so you have to continue caring [emoji4]

I agree and thank you, I'm just trying to build it right. I'd rather dedicate what little money I have to do this to things that actually improve the car, so cosmetic stuff like painting the doors is hard to justify, but I definitely hear you.