GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
LOL...glad someone else caught that. I was thinking the same thing.

Great progress! Keep up the good work! I'm interested to see the full package with all the aero when it's completed.

Thanks man! Yeah it's slowly coming together, I'll dig into the underbody and side splitters over the next 2 weeks. Still trying to figure out the rear aero work, that is seriously proving to be very expensive and difficult to do it right.

And just had a crazy recent development, I'll be picking up my new carbon fiber door skins today (don't worry I'll post pics) and got a line on a carbon fiber hatch. Waiting to hear back on the hatch.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So yeah, I just got brand new Seibon carbon fiber door panels. Traded my ASA wheels for these bad boys. Both parties were happy with the trade. Fairly substantial weight savings on the door skins.

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Super easy to install if they are anything like factory panels.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nice work son!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Nice work son!

Yeah, it all happened so fast. Buddy texted me the link to them on facebook, dude was looking to trade them for 5x112 wheels. I messaged the guy and by 6pm he had brought the doors over and we did the trade. Gave him all 20 lug bolts and hub rings with cheapo brand new summer tires. I think it was a pretty good trade tbh. I liked the ASA's but not enough to keep them, I still have the TSW's and my OEM Classix for the daily.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Good thing that splitter won't make much downforce lol. Mounting to the bumper cover is def not the proper way to do it. Are you planning on extending it past the engine to make it actually useful?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Good thing that splitter won't make much downforce lol. Mounting to the bumper cover is def not the proper way to do it. Are you planning on extending it past the engine to make it actually useful?

It's actually secured to the core support after you install it to the bumper. Running a dieselgeek skid plate overlapped at the rear of the splitter and finishing off the exhaust tunnel and over to the side skirts with aluminum sheet metal. Exhaust tunnel then has louvered sections that get channeled to the rear diffuser. It's a semi attempt at a suction car without venturi tunnels.