GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Car(s)
Subaru
No worries man, your friends on MKV will always always here for ya! Hope your doing ok!

@Jet08- Thank you for saving me initial research!

Back @ Red5pade- I'm retarded, the HPA intake does not have a runner flap.... the things I overlook sometimes astound me lol.

well see how things turn out. but that hpa mani looks amazing. id have a hard time picking it or the ie mani. both look awesome

Jet08

Ready to race!
Hey Andrew, I have the DM programmer sitting in Oregon waiting to ship to Oz but I am waiting on some Unitronics hardware that I ordered over 2 weeks ago to be despatched to my shipping agent (In Oregon). If I don't have the Uni stuff by Friday I am going to get the progammer shipped as I have some dyno time booked at the end of May and I want the DM tune on by then (It's about 10 days for shipping)

Car(s)
Subaru
Hey Andrew, I have the DM programmer sitting in Oregon waiting to ship to Oz but I am waiting on some Unitronics hardware that I ordered over 2 weeks ago to be despatched to my shipping agent (In Oregon). If I don't have the Uni stuff by Friday I am going to get the progammer shipped as I have some dyno time booked at the end of May and I want the DM tune on by then (It's about 10 days for shipping)

wow, thats got to be frustrating waiting that long. well i cant wait to hear from it all. good luck mang

Jet08

Ready to race!
Thank you for the welcome Das, I have a lot of respect for those forum members that are attempting their own builds/repairs/maintenance probably because I do all of those things myself.

Gary

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Well, being a career diesel mechanic has its advantages, though not as many as you would think lol. Glad to see another member that does their own work as well, there's quite a few of us!

Carson

Haha a lot of us on the forums do our own work. That's why we get on the forum. Here is my pos. Previous owner fell asleep and drove it into a ditch. Had to rebuild most of the front end.

How it looked when I got it.

About as far torn down as I needed it to be.

How it looked before the accident.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Update!

Not as cool or good of an update as I would like, but update none the less. My HPFP stud conversion should be here Monday, and my new EJ valve cover is expected on Wednesday!!! So nice having parts show up :) and knowing I have stuff coming in every week for the next 2 months makes me as giddy as a school girl lol.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Update!

This is a cool one lol
EJ valve cover came in today. Cleaning, polishing and taking it in Saturday to get powder coated :happyanim: . Thanks to the previous owner who shipped it with the fitting to run to my catch can! Now just need a block off for the turbo and figure out what to do with my front vc vent that runs to the intake manifold. I think I can run the cc return through the hose coming up from intake manifold if I can find an adapter.

If anyone has the EJ or IE valve cover can you chime in with your PCV routing?

Car(s)
Subaru
Update!

This is a cool one lol
EJ valve cover came in today. Cleaning, polishing and taking it in Saturday to get powder coated :happyanim: . Thanks to the previous owner who shipped it with the fitting to run to my catch can! Now just need a block off for the turbo and figure out what to do with my front vc vent that runs to the intake manifold. I think I can run the cc return through the hose coming up from intake manifold if I can find an adapter.

If anyone has the EJ or IE valve cover can you chime in with your PCV routing?

you can either route it into the exhaust (pre cat would be best), vta cc, or just dump it :cool:

im going to dump mine pre cat eventually.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I saw that, but that's a vta cc. I've got a recirculating, not 100% sure that makes a difference when routed that way. And I need to figure out if the fitting I found on IE's website is the right one for the conversion to -10an.

Also haven't seen anyone post pics of Eurocars HPFP stud conversion so here ya go!

Awesome little mod for peace of mind and for 10 min and $35 its totally worth it! I will say the stud behind the bleeder valve is a small pita to get the nut on and off of, even with the bleeder removed.