GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POWERCHIP ECU MOD

lordofmercy

Passed Driver's Ed
I see mostly everyone discussing APR, REVO, or GIAC, but no Powerchip.
Is there anyone who got their GTI chipped from Powerchip?
I would like to hear reviews/opinions/comments.
Cheers.
:flame:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Dude, don't go there! They really don't specialize in our cars! The others really do.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Wild Hare said:
Dude, don't go there! They really don't specialize in our cars! The others really do.

what makes you say that? powerchip is really popular in the UK with GTI drivers:confused:

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
My friend had a Powerchip on his Mercury Cougar two years ago and it really screwed up his car to the point it needed repaired. I've been hesitant of them ever since. I know it's not a turbo car, but even still, just left a bad taste in my mouth of sorts. Havent heard much about them other than that though.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Here's the odd thing, I too remember our US "power chip", which seemed really popular with Mustang, Z28, Firebird crowd. But, the gains were questionable.

The Euro "power chips" seems to have an excellent reputation on a Euro VW/GTI site where a number of people really like their "power chip" upgrade.

So, I don't know if it's the same company or not, or if it is then maybe they have their act togehter. The bad press was years and years ago, and it seems it's been following them since then.

T

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
a budy of mine has it on his audi TT and it made pretty good gains going on 2 yrs no problems, but i still wouldn't but it on my car