GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power to the ground

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
So as you know it can be difficult to put power to the ground especially after stage 1 and above. I and others have done mods to help this situation. Since all we talk about here is making more power, thought this thread might be helpful. I would like to have people chime in with the mods they feel helped them with this ie, Whiteline Walk, TT control arms, wider tires, shocks etc.

To start I will have to say that going to a 245 series tire helped a tremendous amount. All the other parts were on my car already but still had a nice amount of traction issues when putting my foot down. Originally I went from stock to a 235 series tire. This helped some. Now having 1/2" wider wheels and 245's I can put so much more power down all over the rev range. Very noticeable when taking off. FYI this was all with the same type of tire just a wider size so that can be ruled out as the reason for increased performance.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
+LSD

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
motor mounts, dogbone and subframe mounts combined with an lsd is the best thing you can do to put power to the ground as many like me have discovered.

Def all three mounts are crucial for this. Dogbone should be added even when stock imo.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just to clarify, what kind of power to the ground are you looking at? Is this straight line, in the curves, or modifications to improve a launch from the stop? Each has their own consideration.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion