GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post Your Trade!

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
The post your deal thread got me curious about what everyone traded in for their GTI’s. Are you glad you did it?

I went from a 2020 Frostbite blue Charger R/T, and I’m pretty stoked.

383F41B1-DDB3-4167-9A26-22E9198CDED0.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Traded in my '12 G37xS for my GTI. Sometimes I miss it.

Mine was a ‘10 G37xS Anniversary. Was a very fun car after I put on good rubber and a 370z Nismo RSB. The RSB turned that understeering pig into a perfectly neutral pig. 😂

I was queued up for the Akebono BBK, and a blower when the minister of finance convinced me to try out a GTI.

I miss the Infiniti, but it’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than a fast(ish) car slow. And the warranty keeps my mods deeply in check till 6yrs... but I may have a MK8 R or a RS3 by then.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
it’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than a fast(ish) car slow.
I had very similar thoughts going through my mind when I made my decision. The Charger was a a beast on a straightaway, but man, what a lumbering yacht on the twisty back roads.
Apparently, I like going fast on the twisty back roads way more than I like going fast in a straight line.

turbo_dreams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Mine was a ‘10 G37xS Anniversary. Was a very fun car after I put on good rubber and a 370z Nismo RSB. The RSB turned that understeering pig into a perfectly neutral pig. 😂

I was queued up for the Akebono BBK, and a blower when the minister of finance convinced me to try out a GTI.

I miss the Infiniti, but it’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than a fast(ish) car slow. And the warranty keeps my mods deeply in check till 6yrs... but I may have a MK8 R or a RS3 by then.
I had the resonators cut off and straight pipes welded in, and put on a Tanabe axle-back. The VQ just sounds so good.

One of the things that I found the most frustrating on my G37 was how lazy the transmission was.

The other thing was that mods were expensive with very little gain. I had wanted to lower it, but having to buy all the adjustable linkage to bring the alignment back into spec wasn't worth it to me. Ultimately I was set on another GTI anyway.

There's a guy on YouTube with a G35 that has a monster turbo and a built block. It absolutely rips.
I had very similar thoughts going through my mind when I made my decision. The Charger was a a beast on a straightaway, but man, what a lumbering yacht on the twisty back roads.
Apparently, I like going fast on the twisty back roads way more than I like going fast in a straight line.
I thought for awhile that I wanted a 392 Scat Pack. I still like to look at them.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I had the resonators cut off and straight pipes welded in, and put on a Tanabe axle-back. The VQ just sounds so good.

One of the things that I found the most frustrating on my G37 was how lazy the transmission was.

The other thing was that mods were expensive with very little gain. I had wanted to lower it, but having to buy all the adjustable linkage to bring the alignment back into spec wasn't worth it to me. Ultimately I was set on another GTI anyway.

There's a guy on YouTube with a G35 that has a monster turbo and a built block. It absolutely rips.

I thought for awhile that I wanted a 392 Scat Pack. I still like to look at them.

That’s where I was. Forced induction, and something about that snoozer 7spd auto.

my ‘19 is the 4th GTI I’ve owned and about the 7th hot hatch.

I’d have a 993 if it wasn’t for kids.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

Go K04 and you can do both. I love picking on Chargers.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Had a Honda Fit before a drunk driver hit me. Got the GTI afterwards and so glad I did.

C2D86337-435C-4BC2-A822-0089B2B4083E.jpeg

Lowered on Tein coilovers. Slow as hell but she could handle her own in the turns.

DB6CDBF8-5028-40DF-A83A-230B71F05CA5.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I was considering WRX’s when shopping for a new car, but I kept coming back to the GTI. I probably would’ve gone that route if I was still in Colorado.

Here’s the one I traded for the Charger.

View attachment 212300
The Wrx was great. No issues with it ever. I just couldn’t drive manual anymore. So I traded it in and kept the other faster Wrx and got a GTI. Just sold the other Wrx to my sister the other day

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
Katy Prius (a play off of Katy Perry).... 2013 Toyota Prius 3... man I loved that car!!! She was just getting too old, we put 89K miles on her, she saw both of the kids through high school and college, her suspension was worn out so it was time to move on while she still had positive equity to apply to something else. I do love my GTI, but I really miss 44 mpg, lol.

Thats her in the pic, we were lucky enough to see her a few days later with her new owner.

Attachments

• 63996012523__B72A4599-7786-4769-A545-378B57C8F698.jpg
    63996012523__B72A4599-7786-4769-A545-378B57C8F698.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
2015-04-05.jpg

Had the car for about 5 years. Was perfectly content with it until I drove a friends stage 1 MK6. Within a month I went out and bought my MK7.