GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post up your mileage!

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
I got 60k on my engine. Wats the lifespan of the 2.0T before rebuild time? My next mods will be FMIC, HPFP, Konis, $$$ thx:thumbsup:

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
I got 60k on my engine. Wats the lifespan of the 2.0T before rebuild time? My next mods will be FMIC, HPFP, Konis, $$$ thx:thumbsup:
Dealer said there is no reason for it to fail before 150k km. That should be almost 94k miles. They were referring to the turbo specifically as this is perhaps the most expensive part of the engine that is prone to fail if not maintained properly and consistently (i.e. good oil and maintenance, allowing for warm-up and all the other known techniques). Generally speaking, even with proper maintenance anything can happen above 100k miles, by which unfortunately most owners have ran out of warranty (factory warranty at least), unless you drive your car A LOT! I'm at 54k kms (34k miles) at the moment, got the car for 3 years, not a single issue so far. Factory warranty expires in exactly 1 year. Anyway each car is different, they can slightly differ even in hp so why wouldn't they also differ in lifespan..

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
2006 here with 32k miles..

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
2008 w/ 41k mi

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
2006 w/ 37k miles

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
09 - 22000

2 seasons of hard autox/track use. Still working perfectly.

Ronan1

Ready to race!
2008 & 72k miles and hard starting issues when cold. Replaced the plugs and issue still exists. Not sure if its the coils/battery or dirty valves...