Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
I didnt even know they came in yellow :drool:

also is that a euro lip?

kryten2001

Ready to race!
I didnt even know they came in yellow :drool:

also is that a euro lip?

The Pirelli editions were not sold in the US, and everything you see on the cars exterior is pretty much standard - including all the trim. Yellow was it's advertised colour, but in truth there were not that many in yellow made. I was told 60 by VW Australia, and only 12 of those were 5 doors.

I put the deposit down on mine as soon as I heard about them, but was very lucky to secure it as only 3 were brought into Western Australia. Strangely enough, the other 2 are within a few kms from where I live! I see them around from time to time.

I tried very hard to not give into temptation to modify its original look. The only thing that sets it apart from a standard Pirelli is the wheels, and the K&W coilovers drop it down by another inch or so.

All of the work has been mechanical. There's not a lot of mods done to the cars look.

Last edited:

Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
Yea i just read about it. I guess they were available in sunflower yellow. Nice choice on gettin the limited edition color that was available and also 5door. I envy you lol :thumbsup:

edit: you should post a thread in the photo section for Sunflower Yellow GTIs, and when you do post some lovely interior pics
idk why the color based thread doesnt have a thread for yellow yet lol

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Yes jetturbo

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
27k and also not going up. Someone buy this POS

frank15032000

frank15032000
Car(s)
To houston alot
April 2008 107,000 miles. Mapped since 500 on the clock and the KO4 fitted at 50k. Only probs a coil pack and a DV, still on original PCV. Never had to check or clean my valves and the engine starts and runs like new. I change the oil only every 10k and the follower every 15k( have autotech pump internals)

:wink: I HAVE A APRIL 2008 GTI BLK - 119,XXX And going good ... been chipped since 1,XXX miles ....:thumbup: I have had alot of luck, and have not really had any major problems- beside regular maintenance :headbang:

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Just passed 125k miles.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Bought new in April 2008, now has 115k miles. Stage 1 at 20k, S2 at 50k, currently k04. Tuned for 95k miles and going strong.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
2008 and just took this on Saturday :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
2008 and just took this on Saturday :)

Any chance you have a larger version of that? Twas like reading a spy letter written on a pin head. :biggrin:

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Any chance you have a larger version of that? Twas like reading a spy letter written on a pin head. :biggrin:

I was navigating a parking ramp, sorry. But I did just see Skyfall, perhaps I'm subconsciously being a spy?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I was navigating a parking ramp, sorry. But I did just see Skyfall, perhaps I'm subconsciously being a spy?

Lol. How was Skyfall? No spoilers, just curious if you liked it. I've heard good things so far.