GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post the last picture of your MK5 and let's see how they are holding up...

zacheery17

2007 mkv gti. It has 95000 miles on it and she is still purrin

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
2007 mkv gti. It has 95000 miles on it and she is still purrin

Have you changed your CF yet? Inching up on the mileage for that.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Found and stole a C&C posted pic of my car at the last C&C here...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
No. I need to check it. I've been looking at forums and such to figure out how to do it

I would just have one and install it at your mileage...might as well add a new o-ring to the outer bit of the hpfp that goes into the tensioner cover. Then you do not have to worry about it until nearing 200k miles. Torque for the three hpfp bolts is just 7.3 lb*ft (10Nm)...so be gentle as they only need to be snug really.

I have a DIY vid on my channel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8npMuun20&t=203s

My 2007 GTI got it last year with 100k miles runs great
You done your CF yet? They wear through and begin damaging the hpfp and intake cam between 80k miles and 120k miles.

GaragePotato

Got mine about 6 months ago. Stock other than catless dp installed by po and a muffler delete done by myself. 125k on the odo. I bought it with a failing rear wheel bearing, and the po said he had replaced to other rear bearing in the year he owned it, so those must start to go at around 110k. The car lived some of its life in Minnesota, and for those unaware, Minnesota salts the hell out of their roads in the winter, so there are a few rust spots that need attention. The studs that hold the factory airbox/engine cover down are all broken, so I slung a bungee strap across it to hold everything in place until I get an aftermarket intake. Other than that, everything works just fine. Love it so far. Very glad I chose this over the Subaru Impreza my dad wanted me to get. The gti community seems amazing, happy I'm now a part of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Got mine about 6 months ago. Stock other than catless dp installed by po and a muffler delete done by myself. 125k on the odo. I bought it with a failing rear wheel bearing, and the po said he had replaced to other rear bearing in the year he owned it, so those must start to go at around 110k. The car lived some of its life in Minnesota, and for those unaware, Minnesota salts the hell out of their roads in the winter, so there are a few rust spots that need attention. The studs that hold the factory airbox/engine cover down are all broken, so I slung a bungee strap across it to hold everything in place until I get an aftermarket intake. Other than that, everything works just fine. Love it so far. Very glad I chose this over the Subaru Impreza my dad wanted me to get. The gti community seems amazing, happy I'm now a part of it.

Looks to me at some point it likely had an intake and was run for a time without the oem airbox. They removed the long portion of the oil filler neck from the valve cover and that is usually only removed when there is no oem airbox on it. It must suck living in the Salt-Zone...couldn't imagine wanting to drive my fun car through that period of road salting. You are also beyond the mileage of replacing the cam follower unless you know it has been done as recorded in its service record.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Found pics of the weekend's cruise;

GaragePotato

Looks to me at some point it likely had an intake and was run for a time without the oem airbox. They removed the long portion of the oil filler neck from the valve cover and that is usually only removed when there is no oem airbox on it. It must suck living in the Salt-Zone...couldn't imagine wanting to drive my fun car through that period of road salting. You are also beyond the mileage of replacing the cam follower unless you know it has been done as recorded in its service record.
I thought that the oil fill cap seemed awfully hard to get to.. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to have an extension. I learned about the cam follower wear when I was researching before buying the car, so I replaced that about 1000 miles ago. Thank you for the heads up though.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yep, the neck is factory added so it sits flush with the oem air filter box/engine cover; https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...7k07F1I12Fnjj1-RD0fN1AUBwg1OcPRRoCPNUQAvD_BwE...to look like this; http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/2008-Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-Pirelli-Engine-1920x1440.jpg

When someone adds an intake the filter box/engine cover needs removing and the long neck looks off and why it gets removed sometimes so that it looks like yours; http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3353/4640160215_3655c39706_o.jpg

BoostvdMK5

Got my 08 Wolfsburg 2 months ago, love the thing (sorry for not being a gti but I am an fsi owner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
I'm the original owner of this '07 GTI. It's holding up "ok" for a 11 year old car. I need to fix/replace the following : door lock control module and the thermostat. It only has 55k on it as it's not my only vehicle.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs

Freshly repainted my 2nd set of Omanyt wheels. First set still needs to be refinished OEM style with the mirror lip. Hard to find someone to do it correctly without charging an arm and a leg.

153,000 mi and just finished a week trip to Detroit without issues. Business, but some fun mixed in. Valets loved the car downtown which was nice for such an old car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: