GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post the last picture of your MK5 and let's see how they are holding up...

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Here she is this past fall parked next to a random MK6. I think we all agree which one looks better :fighting0030:

I'm hitting 12 years of ownership in May. Sad to see my corrosion warranty finally going away, which I've used to have the fenders and hatch replaced. Anyway, having the expense of 2 kids and maybe more on the way has me keeping this car for likely many years to come. I'll just keep modding little by little to keep it interesting and probably hand it to my boys one day.

Much appreciation to this forum for the help over the years with timing belt, suspension, clutch and K04 swap DYI's. Everything done to this car has been with my two hands. "Built not Bought" as they say.

Well obviously the MK6 looks better......:lol:

Glad to see other people sticking with these beautiful machines, you've got me beat by like a year and a half. It's pretty hard to run out of things to do to these cars which does keep them interesting and fun. My wife and I also plan on handing down both MKV's to our daughter somewhere waaaaaay down the line. Keep it up bro!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Well obviously the MK6 looks better......:lol:

Glad to see other people sticking with these beautiful machines, you've got me beat by like a year and a half. It's pretty hard to run out of things to do to these cars which does keep them interesting and fun. My wife and I also plan on handing down both MKV's to our daughter somewhere waaaaaay down the line. Keep it up bro!
Nice...I think it's good to hold on to these if you can. I always say it is much less expensive to replace engines and transmissions, or even paint and replace interior, than it is buying a new car...even though we all want a new car from time to time. Payment free is so nice though. Allows one to save and avoid a chunk of a payment being for interest on a loan. I hope to buy my used MK7 Golf R or used 350hp/2019 Golf R MK8 with cash. Just have some years to go and make it with the MK5 in order to accomplish it.

Upgraded the suspension on my 08 Rabbit with 118k miles. Replaced tie rod ends, control arm bushings, upgraded to Bilstein shocks and installed the Eibach ProKit. It's settled slightly since the photo, and handles better than ever, but the ride is firm rather than harsh. Very happy with it as my DD.

As of tomorrow, it will be 10 years ago that I bought it brand new with 11 miles on the clock. I plan to hang onto it for at least a few more. Headliner is sagging, and the driver's power lock controller is on the fritz, but the drivetrain is solid. Let's hope it stays that way!
*knock on wood*

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Builtnotbought81

Car(s)
VW Golf GTi Mk5 2005
Recorded my 0-20/0-40/0-60/0-80/0-100 (mph) times today with a ODBll. Thought my 0-120 was reached but it wasn't and I ran out of road so had to hit the brakes... Personally, I was quite impressed, and the adrenaline was very much enjoyed lol.

what will yours do?

Golf GTI Mk5 2.0l DSG

Times are recorded and taken from my ECU.

VW MkV
Golf GTi
TfSi 2.0L

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Here's mine...but it is S3 K04, S3 fmic, S3 injectors, plus ↓ stuff in sig, and GIAC K04 HO tuned; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjGB_mCly64

Your's tuned or not? 100mph should about your trap in the 1/4mi if just tuned...but 15.4s would be a bit high if tuned. Seems non-tuned but yeah...if tuned or even stock...these are quite a rush.

Last edited:

zacheery17

It seems the MK5 GTI has sparked interest in the Golf that has been lacking in me since the MK3 and MK4 era.
I loved the MK1 and 2, but really lost interest from the early 90's on.
I was actually planning to buy a new Toyota 4x4. The local Toyota dealer here was also the VW dealer. One day I saw two GTI's on the lot, White and Red one's sitting right out front...and that was it for me. My mind was changed and I wanted one badly. I even subscribed to Eurotuner before ever buying the car so to keep up with what is going on with the new GTI. This only got my mind going as to what my plans would be once I have one. I've done all that I wanted to do outside of adding a front Ed30 front lip...and still plan on doing so. I did want the Ed30 Recaro-option leather front seats...you wouldn't happen to have a new pair would you?

Here is mine from yesterday and last night...a 2007 bought Nov. 2006

What wheel setup is that?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
They are TSW (I know) Nurburgring 18x8 - 45 ET with their black center caps. No spacers with 225/40-18 tires. The wheels are just 18.4 lbs/ea. vs 29 lbs/ea. of the oem 18" Detroits. They are going to get a respray this summer so they are blacker and match those new center caps.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Nice sunset pic...and oem look. Different exhaust right? Anything else?

MkvNR

Nice sunset pic...and oem look. Different exhaust right? Anything else?

i was going for a completely stock look for the gti. havent touched the exterior at all... yet. i like your setup alot. makes me want black rims, bbk and ko4.

apr stage 2, awe downpipe, evoms intake, 034 motor mounts, gfb dv+, bsh catch can, red top coilpacks, eibach springs, koni yellows, whiteline walk... think thats mostly it. bought the car in 08 with 40k on it. the previous owner picked it up in 2006 and even gave me the little fast guy that came with the car! ive been lurking on the forums since then but didnt really start modding until 3 years ago.

hoping since i just passed smog this month i can go mess with the exhaust. maybe even go stage 2+ soon. i have a snow stage 2 w/m kit sitting in storage as well that i would like to get installed. so much to do and read up on.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
i was going for a completely stock look for the gti. havent touched the exterior at all... yet. i like your setup alot. makes me want black rims, bbk and ko4.

apr stage 2, awe downpipe, evoms intake, 034 motor mounts, gfb dv+, bsh catch can, red top coilpacks, eibach springs, koni yellows, whiteline walk... think thats mostly it. bought the car in 08 with 40k on it. the previous owner picked it up in 2006 and even gave me the little fast guy that came with the car! ive been lurking on the forums since then but didnt really start modding until 3 years ago.

hoping since i just passed smog this month i can go mess with the exhaust. maybe even go stage 2+ soon. i have a snow stage 2 w/m kit sitting in storage as well that i would like to get installed. so much to do and read up on.
Nearly there to K04'town. HPFP and turbo is all. HPFP will work for S2+ and get you one step closer to K04. You know you'll need to upgrade the HPFP for most K04 tunes? Not really, but would need a tune for an oem HPFP. Check with tuners that tune Euro Mk5's...because the GTI Edition 30 had a K04 and some folks over there are tuned without having upgraded the HPFP. It's a bit less HP but you won't need to replace the cam follower every 10k to 15k miles due to the hpfp upgrade. If you do do the hpfp upgrade...I recommend doing the stud conversion because you will eventually strip those threads in the chain tensioner cover...and it is over $600 to replace.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Nice body swaps...nearly a full-on R32 look. Or are these options up North?

Thanks dude.

Was a stock looking GTI when I purchased it. I added OEM R32 rear bumper + custom exhaust, color-matched thunderbunny sideskirts, color-matched votex front lip, jetta front grill, and chrome mirror caps.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI