GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible clutch or flywheel issue?

nicholasn

Hey everyone,

I have a 2009 GTI 6MT. I bought it in April, and while I haven't had any major issues with it, it has always run a little rough. Lots of noticeable engine vibration (whether the clutch is engaged or disengaged), and while the clutch feels fine when simply pushing the pedal in and letting it out, there's a lot of vibration when I'm slipping the clutch from a stop, especially in reverse. Occasionally when I shift gears, there's a sort of resonance when I push the clutch in (it's hard to explain, but it feels like a vibration at the other end of the clutch). I haven't noticed any clutch slippage when I'm accelerating.

Since buying it, I have replaced the timing chains and PVC valve, but it still runs rough. It has close to 200k miles on it, and I don't know of any clutch replacements by previous owners. I've never had a clutch fail on me, or replaced a clutch, so I'm not familiar with how it feels prior to wearing out. I'm planning on taking the intake manifold off and doing some carbon cleaning (not sure when/if this has ever done) at the next oil change.

Has anyone else experienced this?