GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Popular Mechanics: Why the Average New-Car Dealership Hates Selling to Enthusiasts

Philimon

Ready to race!
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-car-dealership-hates-selling-to-enthusiasts/

Interesting article. This will change a little bit how I approach purchasing a 2018 GTI 'mkv7.5' this year. For example, I will make time to go on a weekday when they are less busy.

By the way. I am deciding between these two NEW colors for 2018. I like the silver white, but I like the inconspicous of green even more. Either way it'll be a pretty unique color for a gti at least until the mk8???. (I've included multiple photos of the green because it seems to change shades based on the lighting.)

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I fell in love with dark iron blue metallic earlier this week. I've always wanted a color like CSG with just a tint of blue, and that's exactly what DIBM is. Depending on the light it looks blue, or grey, or even nearly green sometimes. I love that VW is doing colors like that again. My last car was matchstick red and depending on the light it was red, or orange, or kinda purple.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Good article, nice to see intelligent journalism still exists. As someone who is actively shopping for a 3 row family SUV I can say its spot on. To be fair though, you can do the majority of the negotiating online hence saving you and them the time of Face to Face bullshitting.

I also think dealerships are generally going to ignore the under 25 crowd due to general to their distrust that the person will actually buy. Besides, who really want to go joy ride in a Rav4 or a CRV?

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

I absolutely love the DIBM. Second choice for the new colors would be the white silver I think. I like the green a lot too, but I'm not sure that I'd buy one.

VW is really blowing it with the option packages (or complete and total lack thereof). My must have feature in a GTI is the factory lighting package and now with the 2018's it appears to have to go SE to get it. If I go for a MK7 it might be a used 2017 Sport.

gdub09

Ready to race!
We got a Great Falls Green GTI in the other day, I like the color but not on the GTI. It'd look more at home on an AllTrack. I wish they'd do one in Habanero Orange, that'd be awesome.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
We got a Great Falls Green GTI in the other day, I like the color but not on the GTI. It'd look more at home on an AllTrack. I wish they'd do one in Habanero Orange, that'd be awesome.

I'm sure you know this then, but that green is available on the AllTrack

But yeah it looks odd on the GTI, with the red contrast

gdub09

Ready to race!
I'm sure you know this then, but that green is available on the AllTrack

But yeah it looks odd on the GTI, with the red contrast

Yeah, the GTI is the only one we've got so far in that color. If you painted the accents a different color then it'd be better. Hopefully we get an AllTrack in that color soon.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Yeah. The green is not great, but no other colors interest me except silver, and silver white. The silver is my fav but wife dont like, and silver white feels a little flashy. I would be happy with any color though except black. Black gets dirty and ages worst.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
When I see that green all I see is potential. Initially, I don't think it jives on a completely stock car......but with some flat black here and there, dropped maybe an inch with flush fitment on black rims I think it would be legit.

my .02

Edit: Gloss black

Last edited:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Ok, so when going to look at the Garganzola Type-R V-Spec, arrive in the wife's dented, scraped, and dirty white on tan Toyota Camry. They won't see me coming until it's too late.