Polo purchasing issues!

Pharkus

Ninja
We got the following deal over the weekend:

Polo GTi
Reflex Silver
Car mats
MY07 build,, MY09 compliant
among other things....$25,500 (incl GST) driveaway subject to corporate discount.

So, we provided the standard template letter confirming our eligibility for the corporate discount as provided by our employer. Now the dealership is having trouble processing due to the standard letter provided missing one sentence.

"This vehicle forms part of the employee’s salary/remuneration package."

Now given that the letter states this paragraph:

"The vehicle will be registered in the employee’s name and the employee qualifies to receive our company entitlement under the Volkswagen Corporate Program."

I'm not quite sure what their issue is. We are paying by cash and it does not make sense to salary package a car (FBT etc). What does whether or not we package the car have anything to do with anything?

So just letting them have until tomorrow 2pm to resolve the issue or I go request my refund back and take my business elsewhere.

Personal feedback on buying experience so far 0/10.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
JT when i bought my car i did not have to provide a written letter to get my corporate discount. I am assuming you went to Barlo glen waverley again?? they requested a letter from me when i went there. must be their thing LOL.

at burwin, my sales person just got a photocopy of my membership card to my qualifying association and that was it. no more questions asked!

Pharkus

Ninja
JT when i bought my car i did not have to provide a written letter to get my corporate discount. I am assuming you went to Barlo glen waverley again?? they requested a letter from me when i went there. must be their thing LOL.

at burwin, my sales person just got a photocopy of my membership card to my qualifying association and that was it. no more questions asked!

Not sure mate. I can understand they need to get everything right on their side to recoup from VW the discount, but c'mon the letter we provided says we are eligible.

They are working to find a solution for us as we speak. I am letting them attempt to resolve the issue first so will not post names, just wondering if other people have had the same experience.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Wouldn't it be easier to just get your company to change the letter for the sake of all the messing around?

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
ive bought heaps of cars and only had to provide a letter to say i worked at a company x to qualify for corporate discount.

what i would be worried about and i dont know whether you picked up is... your car is an 07 build and 09 compliance??

can you confirm this?? is the car built in 07 and then complianced in 09??? that is very very unusual and usually cars have compliance with in a relatively short time of when they are built.. y is there such a gap??????????

Pharkus

Ninja
Wouldn't it be easier to just get your company to change the letter for the sake of all the messing around?

Tried that no banana. The company advises that the letter provided to us was their agreed template with VW in the first place. So yeah, tried that.

The whole issue is that the dealer has one template and the employer another and the dealer is worried they will miss out on their rebate if the exact wording is not followed.

Ahhh the technicalities.

Pharkus

Ninja
ive bought heaps of cars and only had to provide a letter to say i worked at a company x to qualify for corporate discount.

what i would be worried about and i dont know whether you picked up is... your car is an 07 build and 09 compliance??

can you confirm this?? is the car built in 07 and then complianced in 09??? that is very very unusual and usually cars have compliance with in a relatively short time of when they are built.. y is there such a gap??????????

Yeha not sure on that one. But yeah agree with the letter part. If it says from your employer that you are eligible that should be it.

Guliver_TwiSt

Passed Driver's Ed
Another stealer would love to steal that sealers offer.
BTW are you aware that the NEW polo is very very near? You are buying an end of the line model...

Pharkus

Ninja
We got the following deal over the weekend:

Polo GTi
Reflex Silver
Car mats
MY07 build,, MY09 compliant
among other things....$25,500 (incl GST) driveaway subject to corporate discount.

So, we provided the standard template letter confirming our eligibility for the corporate discount as provided by our employer. Now the dealership is having trouble processing due to the standard letter provided missing one sentence.

"This vehicle forms part of the employee’s salary/remuneration package."

Now given that the letter states this paragraph:

"The vehicle will be registered in the employee’s name and the employee qualifies to receive our company entitlement under the Volkswagen Corporate Program."

I'm not quite sure what their issue is. We are paying by cash and it does not make sense to salary package a car (FBT etc). What does whether or not we package the car have anything to do with anything?

So just letting them have until tomorrow 2pm to resolve the issue or I go request my refund back and take my business elsewhere.

Personal feedback on buying experience so far 0/10.

Well thought we had anyway, corp discount not going through at this time.

Pharkus

Ninja
NO DEAL!

Just cancelled the contract this morning. Decided with them that it was not worth all the hassle we were going through. So we are now back looking again.

Was fun at the start but when you know exactly what you want it can get a bit tiresome.

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I wasn't eligible for the Corp rate either, but I got a corporate quote from a dealer, finished up just ringing him and saying "I can't get the qualifying paperwork, what's your best price?" He quoted $500 more..........

So I went to Barlo and said "if you can match this price (the Corp Price) I'll sign right now (knowing I could get it for $500 extra with no stress), and they went through the usual B/S of "we are selling at a loss" etc, etc. But they agreed and then I had to add the rear parking sensors to get a car that was only a few weeks away. Didn't mind that, gave me the tilting passenger mirror as well.

Pharkus

Ninja
I wasn't eligible for the Corp rate either, but I got a corporate quote from a dealer, finished up just ringing him and saying "I can't get the qualifying paperwork, what's your best price?" He quoted $500 more..........

So I went to Barlo and said "if you can match this price (the Corp Price) I'll sign right now (knowing I could get it for $500 extra with no stress), and they went through the usual B/S of "we are selling at a loss" etc, etc. But they agreed and then I had to add the rear parking sensors to get a car that was only a few weeks away. Didn't mind that, gave me the tilting passenger mirror as well.

I think I may have found out the reason for the downturn in the car industry. They are selling them at a loss! OMGWTFBBQLASERGUNSPEWPEWPEW.

Surely that loss they are referring to is the amount after all overheads, salaries and other expenses have been paid and is pure profit.