GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE - How many drunks will I come in contact with at work tonight?

How many drunk peeps NEEK will come in contact with on NYE?

• Zero. NEEK will be lucky. Fingers crossed.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 1-3 Couple drunks, maybe a car accident.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 4-6 Multiple from car accident or bar fight

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 6+ I hate NEEK, he deserves a sleepless night taking care of drunks.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • IDGAF. Only voting because I hate NEEK and his poles.

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I think online would be ok but you need to do some face time with patients in the field or hospital. EMT is much easier than paramedic.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
I've volunteered in hospitals for almost 3 years in various departments including ER, so I've had a lot of exposure of being in direct contact with patients and having good bedside manners.

I think I'm just gonna go ahead with the online class, it's a lot cheaper too than doing the other ones. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I have never heard of online before.... weird. Up here you can even take an EMT class at the community college, and it is offered at night. I would guess some down there do as well. That is a cheap way to get it. Takes a semester, but would be painless.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Seriously?

We only had 1 to write home about in our E.R.

Young guy punch a glass window or something. Blood EVERYWHERE

Very uneventful night

We are well known in the county because we have a lockdown area in our ED with 5 rooms (kind of like a mini jail) that is used for psychs and drunks. Since our area doesn't have a detox close. PD usually drops them on our door step and walks since they don't want to drive down to Minneapolis. Also we have a private company that picks up patients and transports them down to detox. Staff is pretty quick to get just drunk people out of the ED as fast as possible so we can make room for actual ill people.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
We are well known in the county because we have a lockdown area in our ED with 5 rooms (kind of like a mini jail) that is used for psychs and drunks. Since our area doesn't have a detox close. PD usually drops them on our door step and walks since they don't want to drive down to Minneapolis. Also we have a private company that picks up patients and transports them down to detox. Staff is pretty quick to get just drunk people out of the ED as fast as possible so we can make room for actual ill people.

LUCKY.

We do not have drunk tanks here anymore. It sucks. So, when PD encounters a drunk, guess what they do? Call us, and we take them to the ER. It is a ridiculous waste of money/resources. All because someone **might** vomit, aspirate and die.

Of all the times I have been drunk and puked and all the times I have known people to be like this, none of them have ever aspirated and died.