GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*****Polarg Bright White Bulb Replacement Guide******

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
so has anyone found a good replacement for these for the rear licence plate lights? coz these polargs melt back there
any of the other lights (parkers etc melt or is it just the license plate ones? i might get them all bar the license plate ones then....

97C280

Stage 2
I'm planning to do a LED + Resistors for the plates.. I recently put some LEDs in there and the 'light out' indicator came off and my LEDs were off.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I'm planning to do a LED + Resistors for the plates.. I recently put some LEDs in there and the 'light out' indicator came off and my LEDs were off.
For some reason mine are flickering. They worked fine for months, then one started to flicker and then a couple weeks later the other one started to flicker, I wired in the resistor and everything, did a great job, nothing ghetto, and now I have a problem.
Any suggestions?

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
so has anyone found a good replacement for these for the rear licence plate lights? coz these polargs melt back there
any of the other lights (parkers etc melt or is it just the license plate ones? i might get them all bar the license plate ones then....
Polargs melt pretty much everywhere. Ive seen side markers melt, license plate housings melt and even interior lenses melt. Just stay away.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Water getting in the license plate bulb assembly is a known issue (TSB)--and not a result of the bulbs. You should get them replaced for free under warranty. The revised assembly are flatter and the lens have a tighter water-sealed fit.

Yes, but they can still melt the lens as mine did. They are 10w bulbs. The stock ones are 5w.

BadGTI

Ready to race!
What is the diffenance between 192/168 and 194/168? I found some red interior ones that are 194/168 and it says they will work with the MK5, but I just want to make sure before I order them.
Here's a link http://www.ledcreations.com/vw_mk5.asp

Nick ME

Car(s)
VW Golf R32
Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum and would like to comment on all the cool advise etc I've read here....
I've been reading this particular thread with some interest and I'm seriously considering this conversion to Polargs. However like most of you guys on here I'm concerned with the melting issue.... are there any solutions? (apart from using LED's instead where you have the hassle of fitting risistors etc)....

Also does anybody know the type of bulb on a MKV on the wing mirror 'puddle light'? its in the arm of the wing mirror and not in the indicator lense... I haven't seen anyone mention it here...
I'd like to replace it with a blue bulb, I think it will look pretty smart..(?)

davesee

FIA GT Champion
For those who have replaced all their interior bulbs with these polargs, has anyone noticed a color difference from the two different types of bulbs in the from dome light area?

The outer two are the color I was expecting, however.. the middle bulb appears to be a different color.

I purchased the right kind.. Defective?

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,151

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
wait theres so many wedge based bulbs at superbrightleds hmm which one did you get g60_corrado? and what's this i hear about putting led's in the reverse light

sirshan

Ready to race!
Looks good...I ended up ordering some bulbs. Decided on a smaller upgrade, went with the following:

- Amber Replacements for the lights under the headlight (bought some white ones too just in case I didnt like the amber ones)
- Nokya 9006 Fogs
- M28 for the license plate

These forums are bad news...I didnt want to tamper with the car, but I guess its already starting. Great post...thanks!

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
haha so ya basically i got the superbrightled's wedge based ones. not bad as they are still cheaper than hoen ones. can't wait for them to come in. im just not going to tamper with the parking lights as they more bright they are the more cops can see it. hopefully i can get some pics up when i install them