GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help, STILL overboost condition when lifting.

Caymanjp

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 3DR Golf GTI
Can you please make a video of it happening?
When you're talking about your car falling on its face, can you specify what happens?

Let me know, i had a similar issue.

Unfortunately I’m unable to post videos here for some reason, only images and documents

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just post the vid on youtube and then grab the link and stick it.

BoostedMK5GTI

Car(s)
MK5 GTI
That’s not a problem brother. Your car doens’t overboost by itself.
Those are the things you could look at:
Turbo actuator or n75 turbo wastegate control solenoid
The n75 turbo wastegate control solenoid is a pain in the ass to replace, it sits on the left side of your engine ( just above your tubo ).
I would recommend to change that first and see if the car still overboosts.
Your second option would be the turbo actuator gone bad and not opening/closing at the right time.
The best way to check that, is with logging.
If you dont have it at your disposal the best bet would be changing the n75 first.
if you can do it yourself be aware its not a cheap fix/procedure.

Caymanjp

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 3DR Golf GTI
If you dont have it at your disposal the best bet would be changing the n75 first.
if you can do it yourself be aware its not a cheap fix/procedure.

I have a new N75 valve on the way and hoping it'll fix the issue otherwise no doubt a trip to the dealer will be in order! Plus the video I recorder is on my phone I just broke today. Just another thing on the list haha. Will update I guess when I have installed the N75 valve

Caymanjp

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 3DR Golf GTI
To anyone that is following this post I got my car back from VW. The issue was that the intake was full of Carbon build up and airflow was constricted. Goodbye overboost! On to the next code haha! Thanks for everyones input

Briggs253

Wow I'm glad you got it fixed. That's the first time I've heard of carbon build up so bad that it caused an overboost condition!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
To anyone that is following this post I got my car back from VW. The issue was that the intake was full of Carbon build up and airflow was constricted. Goodbye overboost! On to the next code haha! Thanks for everyones input
They did not happen to provide you pics of this blockage in the intake