GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

please help (possible wheel bearing issue)!

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I tried searching, but i couldnt find anything really helpful. Lately i've been hearing this sorta 'rolling' noise, and it seems like its coming from the one of the rear wheels (or that general area). I used to think it was just annoying, but tonight i heard a very loud bang, and that doesnt sit well with me. I was hoping that somebody on here could try to describe the noise a broken wheel bearing makes (hopefully thats the problem), i plan on taking the car to the dealer asap but i would love some extra info before i actually get there...

leo delarge

I stay high
my bearing went bad after gettnig my springs put on.. its a weird noise but you can hear it when rolling and itll get louder once you speed up.. take it to the dealer since you havent done anything.. theyll replace everything for free!

ndccpf1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a front driver "thumping" on some roads only

Like a flat spot on the tire....seems to have come after my recent 10K mile tire rotation.

luckysvwgti

Ready to race!
I tried searching, but i couldnt find anything really helpful. Lately i've been hearing this sorta 'rolling' noise, and it seems like its coming from the one of the rear wheels (or that general area). I used to think it was just annoying, but tonight i heard a very loud bang, and that doesnt sit well with me. I was hoping that somebody on here could try to describe the noise a broken wheel bearing makes (hopefully thats the problem), i plan on taking the car to the dealer asap but i would love some extra info before i actually get there...

HI! Did you ever find out what was wrong with your car? I also have a screeching sound in my right rear wheel area and I dont know what it is. I thought it was the brakes but it wasn't. It was still sounding whenever I apply the brakes. Anybody have any ideas?

GTI2007mgc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2dr UG DSG
i have the same issue its coming from my right front and i havent done anything but rotate the tires

I had a similar sound that kept getting louder and louder as i turned the steering wheel...I took it to the dealer and they replaced the steering joint linkage on both sides...sound is gone! :thumbup: