GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Place to buy timing belt kit?

Car(s)
Subaru
I need a timing belt kit. Gasket, belt, pulley, pump, fluid, etc. where is a cheap place that sells them. I'm trying to get parts and labor for $500. Please help

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
The job is not at all hard. Timing is really as simple as lining up marks. You have about 1 or 2 hours of labor taking stuff off before you can replace the belt and associated parts if you take your time. If you have AC, that may make the job a little more difficult but shouldn't increase time commitment significantly.

The only questionable part in the whole job is reaching 25 ft lb on the aluminum tensioner nut. Be careful because the specified torque is about all it can take.

Car(s)
Subaru
The job is not at all hard. Timing is really as simple as lining up marks. You have about 1 or 2 hours of labor taking stuff off before you can replace the belt and associated parts if you take your time. If you have AC, that may make the job a little more difficult but shouldn't increase time commitment significantly.

The only questionable part in the whole job is reaching 25 ft lb on the aluminum tensioner nut. Be careful because the specified torque is about all it can take.

i live in an apartment that has a shitty parking spot. i cant really do it here so ill have to pay someone