GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pissed off

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
So my passenger door window got smashed last weekend while clubbing in downtown SF, brought the car into the dealer on Monday, promised me to be ready by Wed. Called them today to find out that not only did they not do any of the requested maintenance on my car, the piece of glass is now gonna take 2 freaking weeks since they had to special order it from Germany.

This is seriously BS, I still need to move and got a lot of other shit as well to take care of and not having a car makes everything nearly impossible to accomplish, sure I can get the car back and drive it until they get the glass in, but without a huge piece of window on the right side of the car it's much harder to find places safe enough to park.

Anyways, I realize that the car is new and all that, but this is the first serious black mark for me towards VW.

/end rant

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
its only cause theyre jelous mate...

revaudi

Oval Newbie
Did you talk to the service manager and tell them you want a car? I presume this is the VW dealer since you were having other maintenance.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
now u know how I feel when my windshield got smashed.

if red flagged from germany they do worst case scenario 2 weeks. I got my windshield from wolfsburg in 4 days.

but you are going through the dealer, I garauntee those bastrds will milk the time...

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
No, I tried asking for a loaner from the service lady AND my salesperson, but neither of them could provide me with a loaner. The service lady came up with some odd excuses like oh the warranty fixes aren't catastrophic enough to warrant a loaner. Anyways, no loaner for me.

I asked them to finish everything except for the window repair by tomorrow so if they refuse to do anything else to help me I can at least get the car back and drive it. It's not exactly safe to drive around without a huge ass window, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Any of you guys got any other suggestions? Did any of you successfully get a loaner from the dealer for warranty fixes? I have 4, one for the sunroof buffeting noise, one for poor radio reception, one for steering system clicking, and the last for a squeaky clutch when warm. The lady was like "oh none of these are bad enough for a loaner.' then rolled her eyes.

The sarcastic tone she carried as soon as I started talking about getting a possible loaner was really what pissed me off, it's almost as if she was saying "Are you stupid? We don't give a shit if you got no transportation, why are you even asking?"

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
well when i wanted to get my speakers checked out they said id have to book it in advance..

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Where should I go to lodge a complaint about my car?

On the off chance you need this number, you can reach our Customer CARE Center at 1-800-822-8987, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in all continental U.S. time zones. A friendly representative there will document your concerns and help you out.

This is right off the VW site. (cut and paste) I would suggest you call them and describe how the stealer belittled your complaints and the problem with your car. I went in for a check engine light and they gave me a car because they had to order a new fuel pump and knock sensor and it took a week and a half.

These are valid warranty items that would warrant a loaner I would expect them to ask you to book the car in to investigate your concerns, however don't expect a loaner for the window not being available.

Sorry dude, but I do know how it feels. The first seven weeks I owned my car, three of them were driving lame ass loaners because the parts were on route.

bigdyno

oh yeah, if it is in getting checked out for the warranty problems, ask them about the "F" fuel pump, it may be a recall or the like and that may give you the reason you need for a loaner. I am pretty sure that's what they did while they checked my knock sensor, they gave me some lame story about how they "accidently" broke some plastic tab off the pump.

Good luck!

bigdyno

The first dealer I took the car in to gave me this clapped out 2001 A4. It was an auto and I am not allowed to make any more transmission comments. Needless to say it hadn't been taken care of. When we were doing the walk around before I took it I noticed a severe wear difference between the two rear tires. As it turned out, when I was looking in the trunk later I discovered that they had put the spare on the car in place of the most worn tire. Mickey mouse or what?

The second time it was in a different dealer, I got a new Jetta 2.5 auto. It was an ok car and I would think about getting that or a rabbit in diesel as a car to drive to work in. My GF and I are ironworkers and our job sites change all the time. Her 2yr old Canyon has 70,000 km already.

Of course it will be a wait for a new diesel, I understand we won't see them until 2008, probably as a 2009 due to sulfer content/emission levels.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Don't you have a good freind to give you a ride or loan you their car?

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Well I told the dealer to finish everything up by tomorrow so I can get the car back.

Nobody can loan me their car, I wouldn't even ask since most of my friends got hectic schedules, the ones that don't got hectic schedules are all vacationing somewhere, I've got some serious issues this summer which is why I'm here handling my problems. Give me a ride, yeah sure but a lot of the places I go to are more than just a car ride, I think I'll manage just fine though without a passenger window, hahaha.