GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pic of Golf VI!?

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
In the first pic the rear wheel looks smaller than the front - bad photoshop indeed.

And those latest pics make it look like an Alfa...*shudder*

Surfer_D

Passed Driver's Ed
I can confirm the last rendering. They were issued in the latest car magazine here in europe. I have this mag at work and I'll scan it on monday.

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Pics I found

Here is a picture I found of the MkVI

vw_golf_vI.jpg

:burnrubber:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
this kinda make me glad im on the drivers option program :D

then again it get sme thinking, what motor will be the successor of the 2.0T

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
why does everyone doctor up photos like this...all of those "golf vi" pics suck anyways. let's go back to the times when vw would use a body for 10 years and be content with it...ie...mkI golf/rabbit

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Some of those look really cool.
I like the one with the distinct crease down the side, very nice.

The stretched version looks interesting as a couple, but would look better as a 4 door.

Overall, all the ideas are not that removed from the current car, so I don't understand all the negativity. When the new Jetta first came out, I didn't like it very much. I still don't really.
The GTI and GLI look fantastic but that's due to the cool front end treatment.
I'm still not in love with the GLI's rear end though it works good in the sportier model.

T

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
alf said:
this kinda make me glad im on the drivers option program :D

then again it get sme thinking, what motor will be the successor of the 2.0T
The 2.0T i can see going for a while as its going in alot of other VW group products in a higher state of tune.
220PS audi A4DSM, 260PS in Audis A3 S3, 240PS in SEATs Leon Cupra, and so on.

But when VW designed the 1.4 turbo/supercharged unit in 140bhp and 170bhp form they also developed a 1.6 at the same time :wink: this may make it into models like the golf or they may just stick with the 200PS 2.0T unit also for europe markets were TDIs are liked VW have dropped PD and gone common rail at last with smaller cc engines, that are due soon.

fletcher8969

Passed Driver's Ed
Of course these "photos" are photoshopped. The car doesn't exist yet. If you think these are being put together by artists with too much time on their hands to trick the world into thinking the next golf will look like this when it clearly won't your diluting yourselves. These are clearly concepts or works in progress - from within VW or other contracted designs. This dosen't mean however, that the mk6 won't head in this direction. Based on the autoweek article being talked about in another forum the next gen golf will appear, at least in Europe, in 2008. This makes me think these "photos" are probably a good indication of what the new version will look like. The fact that they look like the front of a passat and the back of an R32 doesn't mean they're some kind of hoax. The VW line would likely have strong family similarities.

Will the next golf look exactly like this - probably not. Will the next golf be pretty close to this - probably. One way or another we won't see it in the US for another 3-4 years.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60327016/1065

fletcher8969

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know how to get it to work. Sorry. The link works if you click on it from the "Golf Replacement" thread in the general discussion board.

To add to my earlier comments. Some of the pictures showing up now are clearly done by "artists with too much time on their hands." The "photo" that I believe is credible is the one from the AutoWeek article. That is the picture at the beginning of this thread.