GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Piano black interior trim part number list

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think I ended up with the storage cubby cover and A/C control pieces being from Ali... the rest were from VW. I ordered the shift surround from AliExpress and the quality was OEM but the clips didn't match up so I didn't end up using it. To be fair I'm sure it was just a NAR vs ROW (or later model year) car issue. Side by side the piece from Ali was an exact match for the piece from my dealer from a quality standpoint.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Sounds good, however I just cannot trust the Chinese OE stuff. I’m 100% sure they’re fake.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I should have got the guy's name with the TSI SEL. Met him at one of the Last Sunday drives in SoCal. I thought his car was a GTI because of the headlights and was doubly sure when I saw the interior (door panel light strips). Then I saw the single side exhaust and got confused. I guess I didn't get a close enough look to see the honeycomb.

carbon_gecko... I assume your vendor is letting you return the dash trim pieces. But maybe try that 5GM-858-418-A-YOO part number. The black/aluminum description matches the color description for one of the vents I ordered and it was indeed gloss black. If your vendor is not letting you return them at least you could then lay claim to having the definitive passenger dash trim piece collection.
Thanks but no they didn't accept web bought returns, it fine the 3m vynil i bought now has practice pieces.

Attachments

• 20200818_183609.jpg
    20200818_183609.jpg
    970.4 KB · Views: 153

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Plastic pieces are easier to copy well than electronics. The trim pieces I ordered are generically described as "For golf mk7" but they have actual part numbers. These part numbers aren't on the listings normally. And those part numbers correspond to different markets. It's very possible the suppliers have different standards for quality, but that's not the same thing as fake.

For non-critical parts like the storage box cover I'm not willing to pay 3-4x price. And the stupid gloss black plastic scratches so easily that I can't bring myself to buy it used, haha.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think I ended up with the storage cubby cover and A/C control pieces being from Ali... the rest were from VW. I ordered the shift surround from AliExpress and the quality was OEM but the clips didn't match up so I didn't end up using it. To be fair I'm sure it was just a NAR vs ROW (or later model year) car issue. Side by side the piece from Ali was an exact match for the piece from my dealer from a quality standpoint.

I assume you mean something like this?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I bought that piece, didn't fit... quality was OEM but the clips/securing points did not match. The shape was correct so I think there are just differences between markets/years. Some people have mentioned that the rear vent USB port piece worked on their cars while others had to trim clips or didn't use certain securing points. I couldn't make this work, even with trimming of some plastic but that was largely for science. I ordered one from the local dealer as soon as it didn't fit perfectly.

Found my post about it... https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...home-for-your-mkvii-today.329302/post-7485657

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I bought that piece, didn't fit... quality was OEM but the clips/securing points did not match. The shape was correct so I think there are just differences between markets/years. Some people have mentioned that the rear vent USB port piece worked on their cars while others had to trim clips or didn't use certain securing points. I couldn't make this work, even with trimming of some plastic but that was largely for science. I ordered one from the local dealer as soon as it didn't fit perfectly.

Found my post about it... https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...home-for-your-mkvii-today.329302/post-7485657

Well, that's annoying, since I just ordered one lol.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Was there no way to separate the black gloss trim part and affix to the original piece?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I can't say no with certainty. I don't remember it thinking that was possible but I honestly didn't consider it. My thought would be that if it could be switched without breaking anything they would offer different colored covers, like they do for the storage cubby. I threw it away though so I can't check, haha. Not sure where I put my original brushed silver.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
From taking a look at it while it's installed in my car, it's definitely not just one piece. Now, if it can be separated without breaking them, that's a different question. I'll leave the part on order and take a look when it comes in.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I bought that piece too. Had to modify it slightly (trim/cut parts), but it worked for me. Looking at Cuzoe's build, my piece experiences the same cosmetic differences but I don't notice it.

So it is workable then. I imagine worst case scenario I could cut the tabs off the trim piece that doesn't fit, and just use a dab of glue to hold it in place.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have a link for the AliExpress pieces? I can’t seem to find them, would like to go all black trim since I just updated my small screen 2015 to the 8” screen.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R