GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Piano black interior trim part number list

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does anyone have a full list of the piano black trim part numbers? Looking at seeing what it would entail to completely swap over to the piano black trim if I got an 8" glass screen. Thanks.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
This is a work in progress as I'm sourcing these now. I'll update this post but feel free to copy/paste what I have and add to it. One thing that is annoying is that the color codes (last three letters) for the gloss black trim has changed over the years and sometimes within the same year. The color codes are also different for some parts, even from the same year and with the same description. For example the polar night color code for shifter trim is YLO but for the storage lid polar night is VX7 , why VW? o_O

On the forums people call this trim various things like gloss or piano black, but even on VW parts sites I have seen black, satin black, black-it-up, gloss black... etc. The only way to be 100% sure is to verify with the place you are ordering that you are getting gloss black and not the faux carbon that was (is?) on some GTI trim levels. I've seen it called "black" as well. The other colors (dark magnesium, polar night, brushed silver) are usually called out in the part descriptions. Don't trust the pictures that vendors post. The only pictures I trust, ironically enough, are on eBay where someone shows the a part and the molded part number. And finally we get to the good stuff...

Driver Side Vent - 5G1-819-703-H-QYI
Passenger Vent - 5G1-819-704-R-QYI
Light Switch Trim - 5GM-858-060-YI2
Storage Lid - 5GM-857-351-YI2
A/C Trim (manual) - 5GM-863-041-TAI
A/C Trim (climatronic) - 5GM-863-042-TAI
Shifter Trim (w/o keyless start) - 5GM864263BXVI
Shifter Trim (with keyless start) - 5GM864263CXVI
Radio Bezel (8" glass screen) - 5GM819728FQYI
Radio Bezel (8" matte screen) - ?
Radio Bezel (9.2" MIB 2.5) - ?
Instrument Cluster (analog) - 5GM857189AAH
Instrument Cluster (digital) - 5G0857189BAAH

There are alternates to some of these, same color but from different years/variants. The vent part numbers I listed are from the Golf R (iirc) but the vents from the GTI Rabbit edition (which are also gloss black), are twice the price.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I could not for the life of me remember who had posted that list... And for some reason I never saved the link, I actually think I took a screenshot of it on my old phone 🤦🏿‍♂️.

Everything on the list still checks out with one note...
MIB 2.5 main unit 5NA035043A does not have the PR code for North American Satellite radio, so no SiriusXM.
To get SiriusXM you need 5NA035026x (or 047, but only 026 is for sale from VW) and I've never seen either pop up on eBay.
5NA035026E is the latest revision but 5NA035026D is $300 cheaper... not sure the difference, maybe just software

The unlocked/activated units for sale by EZT/APG/etc are euro units without XM, although APG at one point offered an unlock/activation service if you provided a unit, not sure if they still offer it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does anyone have any experience with the Chinese trim from AliExpress? It seems like a full set of trim should only cost ~$200 or so, but no idea of the quality.

Can also get the honey comb pattern 8" trim for $55 from there, along with the silver shift assembly trim that breaks on everyone for $20.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Does anyone have any experience with the Chinese trim from AliExpress? It seems like a full set of trim should only cost ~$200 or so, but no idea of the quality.

Can also get the honey comb pattern 8" trim for $55 from there, along with the silver shift assembly trim that breaks on everyone for $20.
Yea I bought most of the piano black trim from AliExpress. Good quality, however there were a few pieces that had different alignment notches that I needed to modify. For example the silver trim from my car that sits in the piano a/c vent trim didn’t snap into place. Easy fix with a pair of tin snips or pliers, I’m assuming they are probably euro spec that has slightly different fitment than NAR.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
This has been helpful for the most part, but for life of me I can not get the part number for the passenger dash trim that starts with 5GM-858-418-A i have bought the: aep, yoi, cck, and jp9 variants and none are gloss black/piano black. Please help

Attachments

• 20200818_182601.jpg
    20200818_182601.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 268

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This has been helpful for the most part, but for life of me I can not get the part number for the passenger dash trim that starts with 5GM-858-418-A i have bought the: aep, yoi, cck, and jp9 variants and none are gloss black/piano black. Please help

Do they make one? Even MK7.5's have the honeycomb pattern passenger dash trim, while the rest is piano black. Example of a ROW MK7.5 GTI:

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/im...rior-detailed-in-new-videos-and-photos_12.jpg

I can't find a single picture of one (that's high enough resolution to tell) that has that piece being piano black.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm abot 98% sure I saw the inside of a Golf TSI SEL that had all gloss trim, including the glove box and door panels. I haven't seen one personally but I thought the early Mk7 Golf R's were straight gloss black and not the faux carbon of the GTI's.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm abot 98% sure I saw the inside of a Golf TSI SEL that had all gloss trim, including the glove box and door panels. I haven't seen one personally but I thought the early Mk7 Golf R's were straight gloss black and not the faux carbon of the GTI's.

Not sure.

2016 Golf R - Piano black, honeycomb passenger dash.

2017 Golf TSI SEL - Same thing. Piano black, honeycomb passenger dash.

I abandoned my quest of a piano black swap and just got the matte 8" screen for my GTI with the accompanying honeycomb 8" trim, but when I was trying to find part numbers (and created this thread), I couldn't find any proof of a piano black dash\door trim existing. I just don't think there is one.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I should have got the guy's name with the TSI SEL. Met him at one of the Last Sunday drives in SoCal. I thought his car was a GTI because of the headlights and was doubly sure when I saw the interior (door panel light strips). Then I saw the single side exhaust and got confused. I guess I didn't get a close enough look to see the honeycomb.

carbon_gecko... I assume your vendor is letting you return the dash trim pieces. But maybe try that 5GM-858-418-A-YOO part number. The black/aluminum description matches the color description for one of the vents I ordered and it was indeed gloss black. If your vendor is not letting you return them at least you could then lay claim to having the definitive passenger dash trim piece collection.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
This is a work in progress as I'm sourcing these now. I'll update this post but feel free to copy/paste what I have and add to it. One thing that is annoying is that the color codes (last three letters) for the gloss black trim has changed over the years and sometimes within the same year. The color codes are also different for some parts, even from the same year and with the same description. For example the polar night color code for shifter trim is YLO but for the storage lid polar night is VX7 , why VW? o_O

On the forums people call this trim various things like gloss or piano black, but even on VW parts sites I have seen black, satin black, black-it-up, gloss black... etc. The only way to be 100% sure is to verify with the place you are ordering that you are getting gloss black and not the faux carbon that was (is?) on some GTI trim levels. I've seen it called "black" as well. The other colors (dark magnesium, polar night, brushed silver) are usually called out in the part descriptions. Don't trust the pictures that vendors post. The only pictures I trust, ironically enough, are on eBay where someone shows the a part and the molded part number. And finally we get to the good stuff...

Driver Side Vent - 5G1-819-703-H-QYI
Passenger Vent - 5G1-819-704-R-QYI
Light Switch Trim - 5GM-858-060-YI2
Storage Lid - 5GM-857-351-YI2
A/C Trim (manual) - 5GM-863-041-TAI
A/C Trim (climatronic) - 5GM-863-042-TAI
Shifter Trim (w/o keyless start) - 5GM864263BXVI
Shifter Trim (with keyless start) - 5GM864263CXVI
Radio Bezel (8" glass screen) - 5GM819728FQYI
Radio Bezel (8" matte screen) - ?
Radio Bezel (9.2" MIB 2.5) - ?
Instrument Cluster (analog) - 5GM857189AAH
Instrument Cluster (digital) - 5G0857189BAAH

There are alternates to some of these, same color but from different years/variants. The vent part numbers I listed are from the Golf R (iirc) but the vents from the GTI Rabbit edition (which are also gloss black), are twice the price.

Do you have an update on these?
Seems like you have some from specific years.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Do you have an update on these?
Seems like you have some from specific years.
I kind of forgot about this thread, haha. I never did find the gloss black trim for the 8" matte screen. It would have to have been in a non-NAR spec car I think.

I now have the 9" MIB 2.5 screen but I didn't think to look at the part number for the trim before I installed it. Can confirm that it is not the same size as the 8" glass screen trim. I had both in hand at the same time, although I recently sold the 8" trim.

Doubt I'll have a reason to pull out that trim piece unless I decide to go down the route of trying to install the factory USB-C port (if I can find the harness part number). Might also pull it out if I ever decide to buy a (second) new AID so that I can actually match my odometer 🤦🏿‍♂️.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I actually found a really good part website (bm-parts.nl) which sells the whole kit for around 150€. Most of their parts are used high quality and obviously OEM. Never gonna go for the aliexprsss ones!