GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Perpetuus' MkV Build Thread

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
And this is now the second time I've learned I could have run the stoptech brake kit up front. Could have bought an ST4O kit for $700, fml.

Glad to see the car is still coming along and you're still going at it! How does it feel with everything you've done now?

In addition to the improved braking performance and feel, the two-piece Stoptech kit is great for its weight savings in the 328x28mm rotor size. The 355mm rotor kit is about equal to stock weight. The Stoptech pads are damn awful though, and glace easily.

Car runs good and is practically brand new because I had access to company cars for the longest time. The MkV needs some work though with some electronic issues that is affecting driveability and power delivery. MAP sensor, MAP harness, or some other harness or sensor in that area of the car has some problems. Would you know where to find the electrical diagnostics manual? I've looked and had no luck.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
You don't like the StopTech pads? I just pulled my first set off my car after three years and they looked pretty good. Only had some minor cracks and used half the friction material

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
You don't like the StopTech pads? I just pulled my first set off my car after three years and they looked pretty good. Only had some minor cracks and used half the friction material

No, they glazed easily and I had brake judder alot until I swapped them out. Still have them for my rear pads, but not much braking duty there so it's ok to stay.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Did you use them at the track at all or purely street driving?

I've gotten brake judder a couple times too but it always went away after a single lap at the track. I think the inconsistent braking of street driving causes them to transfer material unevenly sometimes. A few heavy braking zones though and it evened out, not that that does any good on the street.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Did you use them at the track at all or purely street driving?

I've gotten brake judder a couple times too but it always went away after a single lap at the track. I think the inconsistent braking of street driving causes them to transfer material unevenly sometimes. A few heavy braking zones though and it evened out, not that that does any good on the street.

I only drive my car on the street. After a while it became too much work to get rid of the judder every few days. In fact, there are various occasions where they glazed and left pad imprint several times a week.

Right now I am using the Endless pads - ME20 EIP001. The cost a pretty penny, but offer superb braking performance and modulation!

Last edited:

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
This pic is from 2015. Will be uploading more soon

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Made a custom downpipe bracket last week with stainless steel 304, 1/8" thick.

I have been meaning to do this for a long time because the downpipe posts I have kept sliding off the bracket under WOT, making my exhaust tips rattle like mad at the rear because of the minimal clearance with the R32 style tips.

Problem is now fixed.

Drilling stainless steel with carbide bit.

The masterpiece

Installed