GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Perpetuus' MkV Build Thread

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Initially wanted to clean my intake valves and put everything back to normal, but don't want to remove that intake manifold again anytime soon...

Intake Manifold fully removed out of the car. 3 out of 4 injectors came out with the manifold!

Rebuilding my K04 and putting it in while the car is down....hopefully completed sometime next month.

Busted K04

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Ran the car a little today while I refilled the coolant.

The idling is much smoother after the valve cleaner, but the car would stall on hard throttle. I assume the S3 injectors run too rich. Still waiting for tune... this week.

Also cleaned the VWR filter today.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Some missing photos from my phone:

AWE DV, good for 650hp

S3 Injectors, assembled and ready to install

Noise Maker Device under the rain tray, removed.

Intake Manifold Support that I cut in half to free the intake manifold. The original triple square bolt (left) stripped. I replaced it with a 13mm hex bolt and it works great. Better access too.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Bought a 90 degree elbow and silicone coupler to fit to my VWR intake.

After some cutting and fitting:

Also swapped to summer wheels and tires today:

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Neutralized the engine mounts today, and re-torqued everything.

Car is now quieter and passenger side headlight no longer vibrates while idling.

Exhaust is less crooked now too.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Installed aluminium spindle to right front of my car today. Still need to do the other side tomorrow. The wheel bearing was a pain, everything else was easy.

Just had to make sure the nuts and bolts were the correct spec for these aluminium parts. The outer tie rod nut, 3x ball joint nuts, ball joint top nut, and the two 21mm brake bracket bolts were all different part numbers that were required.

100 N.m for the three nuts holding the ball joint instead of 60 N.m

200 N.m for the two 21mm brake bracket that bolts to the spindle.

Extremely Rusted Spindle

Scrubbed the Mating Surface Clean with a Wire Brush

Comparison of Aluminium Passat Spindle to stock GTI Spindle

After Install :thumbsup:

phil

becausephilchow
Ride
2009 VW R32
How do you like them?

I got mine installed at the same time as my LCAs and everything, so I never got a chance to feel them just on their own when added.