GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

People with Stage 2, Carbonio and ATP Downpipe, chime in

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Anyone with those mods have any problems with stage 2? fuel cut? limp mode? i'm finally gonna make the leap, and i wanna make sure i'm safe

1132fahr

Head Esplode
Car(s)
2000 GTI GLX
anyone with forge dv, revo2 aprhpfp h&r ss hancook tires at 35psi, oem wheels, tinted headlights, dent in the fender, sunroof open, radar in the top right corner of the windshield, a computer, some fingers and a brain chime in!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
anyone with forge dv, revo2 aprhpfp h&r ss hancook tires at 35psi, oem wheels, tinted headlights, dent in the fender, sunroof open, radar in the top right corner of the windshield, a computer, some fingers and a brain chime in!

lol ass. i asked for 2 mods.

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
Is this a new problem?

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
Theres always a chance of going into limp mode or getting a fuel cut with just st2. Just keep checking your Cam and follower and youll be good.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
alright, just wanted to know if there were any precautions really before stage 2. i guess it's just time to do it

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
but in all seriousness, you will be happy with it. fuel cuts are more likely to happen down low in the rev range where there is plenty of air flow, but not so much fuel pressure (pump is rpm dependent). i went 2+ days after going stg 2, so i cant tell you about long term, but i did like the stg 2 file while i was on it

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
Ive been st2 for about 6-7 months now and ive maybe had 2-3 small fuel cuts nothing serious.

S4NoMore

Car(s)
2008 GTI 2-door 6MT
i have APR stage 2 with carbonio intake and ATP-type (catless 3") downpipe. the torque is awesome and the power is decent, you'll be so happy once you do it. it does leave a little to be wanted around 5k+ rpm but that's what we get with stock hpfp and a small, high-boost motor.

fuel cuts are more likely to happen down low in the rev range where there is plenty of air flow, but not so much fuel pressure (pump is rpm dependent)

not so sure why you say this... down low there is plenty of fuel available to keep up with the air supply, and that's where the monstrous torque comes in. above 4k rpm or so, there is so much air coming in that sometimes the requests for fuel are too great for the hpfp, thus i get occasional fuel cut around 4-5k in 5th gear (not going that fast very often anyway). it just feels like misfires, not a very good feeling but it's normal and i don't mind it until i can afford the 2+ setup.