GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PC Building

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I've been content with 1080p for awhile and my 1070 has destroyed everything just about highest settings at 1080p on this aging build. Though I want the new bells and whistles that come with the newer cards and might as well go with higher res and features that technology has to offer now. I think at this point a solid upgrade would at least need to support 4k to be future proof.
Yeah go 4k or 5k if you like ultra wide, upscaling is already really good in many heavy games and it is going to be standard feature pretty much going forward.

Just started Dying light 2 that is a Nvidia sponsored game that has not mentioned anything about AMD FSR but it still has native support for it, playing in 4K its impossible for me to see a difference shifting between FSR Quality and native but with over 25% FPS boost.

Last edited:

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I went up to 1440P IPS and i love it. I could never get back to 1080 after this. For gaming i dont mind either but the extra desktop space is amazing.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Theres a really big difference between a monitor you sit 1-2ft from and a tv that is across the room. There is no doubt that both 1440p and 4k are a massive improvement in IQ over 1080p

That said, 1440p is the sweet spot right now, both in pixel density and display size @ 27in

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Seems that my 5700xt liquid devil could be worth 850-900 used on ebay

Thinking that a 6900xt red devil and an EK block is in my future. Sadly I didn't jump on the liquid devil when I had the chance.