GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts at dealer-- Why does one quote less?

found

DriverFound
So I called to check the availability of a cabin filter for my car and was quoted a price over the phone. Went to a different dealer without realizing on my way to run some errands and they had the part in stock too. When the parts guy told me 22 something I told him I was quoted 17.53. I checked my phone and I had called a different dealer. The Parts guy said well they must have quoted you the wrong price or selling you the wrong part.

So with the Parts guy there I called the other dealer and got the part number and price.

The parts guy said okay we'll do it for the same price.

That pisses me off. Why can't all VW dealerships price parts the same. Now every time I call for a part I got to call 4 different dealers just so I won't be getting ripped off.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
They dont price parts the same because it is not one big company running all of them. VWoA only oversee's while each dealership is able to run the way they want to. This also explains why labor rates are different at different dealerships.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
In for the money

So I called to check the availability of a cabin filter for my car and was quoted a price over the phone. Went to a different dealer without realizing on my way to run some errands and they had the part in stock too. When the parts guy told me 22 something I told him I was quoted 17.53. I checked my phone and I had called a different dealer. The Parts guy said well they must have quoted you the wrong price or selling you the wrong part.

So with the Parts guy there I called the other dealer and got the part number and price.

The parts guy said okay we'll do it for the same price.

That pisses me off. Why can't all VW dealerships price parts the same. Now every time I call for a part I got to call 4 different dealers just so I won't be getting ripped off.

1) They are all individually owned franchises.
2) They are in it for the money. :happyanim:

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
the dealer u called probally gave u list price and then the other dealer marked it up. the parts department gets a bonus for the more money they make, so they are just doing there job by bumping the price a lil more. i work in parts for a honda dealer and i do it every day

found

DriverFound
Okay, I get what you all are saying but why would VW send out VW club books or drivers wanted magazines with the prices on some pages and some pages without the price. Are you saying that VW picks and chooses what they want to control the price on? And the rest can be marked up to whatever the dealer wants?

It's all about money so I guess I'll just have call and bug all 4 dealers when I need parts thus using more of their time and costing each dealer more money.