GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking with DSG

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
I live in an area where I have to parallel park 9 out of 10 times, so I suddenly started to wonder if that would become a problem in my upcoming car.
I have a manual now and obviously that is easily controlled when just rolling slowly backwards, but I suppose it could be a bit tricky with no manual clutch.

So please you guys out there that already have a car with DSG share your experiences here. Any tips or tricks would be helpful. :help:

bilbos

On the Kop
You do have to be a bit careful in reverse. It is very easy to give it too much gas and shoot backwards, but you get used to it. Not really a problem I would have thought about to be honest.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
in one of my parents cars, u put it in reverse, lift foot off brake and the car rolls back slowly on its own. there is no need to dab the gas pedal.

jetbluemig

Passed Driver's Ed
One thing that takes a bit of getting used to with the DSG is that on inclines, the car will roll just like a manual until you give it gas; which is something I have not experienced before with my automatic cars. And like bilbos said, the DSG cars like to ROCKET backwards if you are not careful.