GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint Color Names

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I've always loved Mopar's color names such as Plum Crazy (Purple), Lime Light, Lemon Twist, Top Banana, Sassy Grass, Vitamin C (Orange) and others. Kia's Alien (Green) also deserves high marks. (y)

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I found that Valspar paint at Lowes sometimes reuses the same paint color name for a different tint. I painted a piece of furniture in Coastal Dusk, then went to buy more two years later and found it was not the same color! :confused:

That's got to be the worst. Talk about MISLEADING!

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I worked for Valspar, I can assure you we kept no files on color names. We probably had 10 or so color chip systems for our internal use and we sold them to other paint companies as well. So probably 10,000+ colors to keep track of. The naming was something done by the lab folks that put the color systems together. We had consultants that identified color trends, so we knew what colors were needed as we updated these systems, but no science at all in the naming. It was just a task we did. Best selling color was “Off White”, even though the exact color may have been different, you needed Off White as a color offering.