GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P310B Fuel Pressure Outside Specification

ktlstar

Hi all,

I recently installed the RS4 valve to with my stage2+ (ED30), however the following day when i tried to boot it the engine held back like fuel cut/ someone hit the brakes on. The car is then basically in limp mode. The car idles fine etc.

I went home did a scan and came back to

p310b Fuel Pressure Outside Specification

012555 - Low Pressure Fuel regulation:

I then installed the OEM valve back in but the problem still persists.

I also did a log on fuel,

As you can see at 3600rpm where the power cut out, the fuel drops to "2bar"

I am picking up a fuel sensor "thrust" that goes on the side of the HPFP as iv been advised its this problem.

Cam lobe is fine, hpfp is fine (autotech internals).

The car was perfect before i fitted the valve.

Any ideas what else i could i be looking at ? I dont see how i could of damaged anything from just changing a valve ?

Thanks

utahvwman

Passed Driver's Ed
sounds like the code for the low pressure sensor on the HPFP. i had to replace mine a few days ago.

Yep, check to make sure the wire harness is connected securely to the low pressure sensor. If it is you'll need to replace the sensor. Should be part number 06E906051K.

ktlstar

I believe my in tank fuel pump is gone, it drops to 2 bar which then my HPFP fuel cant meet the requirements, causing it to go into limp mode.

what people thoughts on these logs ?

mark920

Ready to race!

I believe my in tank fuel pump is gone, it drops to 2 bar which then my HPFP fuel cant meet the requirements, causing it to go into limp mode.

what people thoughts on these logs ?

I can't see your logs as they all look blurry but I am pretty sure that's well below spec for the lpfp. You may want to also check the fuel filter as it may be part of the problem, but to me I would assume it would be your lpfp

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Too much of a coincidence that the problem started with a new rail pressure valve? Clog something up when you changed it?

ktlstar

Just wondering what i could of clogged up ?

All i did was removed the fuel lines from the hpfp, and that come off the block (under inlet manifold).

I can only think that i damaged the pump due to cranking the engine over for a whilst to get her started, maybe a bad fuel filter but that wouldnt drop the pressure down to 2 bar surely not ?

J-GTi

GTi Lurve
Try swapping out the LPFP? :iono:

ktlstar

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I replaced the fuel filter as it was only £20 but never of thought it be that, however it was!

Thank for your inputs guys, this may help people in the future to try first if you get p310b code!

J-GTi

GTi Lurve
:thumbsup: Good to know!

ktlstar

Yes buddy, 17k on the clock, you wouldnt of thought it be damaged. However i must of damaged it whilst cranking over the engine to get her started when i swapped the valve over.

THe question is now do i sell the valve or try again but this time prime the pump first lol.??

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I am having the near exact issue with mine. I just replaced the injectors and installed a new lpfp...all just so it will run well for a long time. Nothing was wrong before I did this. Then I drive it and test and it pops and backfires and nose dives with no power. I go home and hook up VCDS. The only code I have is P310B and the data show when I floor it; low drops first and then the high begins dropping. The low drops to 1.2 bar and the high to 30 bar. I have tried two G410s, two lpfps, two lpfp control modules and still it does the same. I find it difficult to believe that two new pumps have both failed right out of the box, but possible as they are not oem...they are 265LPH upgrades. Since there is no difference with G410s and control modules...it has to be the aftermarket tank pump upgrade or the fuel filter regulator has failed. I will report what fix is found for mine as well.

I am having the pressures checked tomorrow to see if the pump is actually making pressure and if there is any bleed back from the filter regulator. As described here;