GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 Engine Code

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Hey guys, I was driving home from AC and I looked down and my service light is on. I noticed a weaker start up before I started the drive but I didn't think anything of it. I did a self-diagnostic test and the code came up three times P2015. Googled the code and it said to check the gas cap because it may be loose. I checked and it was indeed loose and not clicked all the way... So I tightened it up and drove around the block but the light is still on. Intake manifold is next on the list. Is that a serious/pricey issue? I drive a 2009 TSI with BSH Race Intake if that matters.

Any advice helps.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
P2015 is manifold runner position sensor circuit range/performance code.

You should have an extension on the manifold if you're under 120k miles.

I'm at 36k miles so I should be! Wow, that's great news. But I'm concerned because the car isn't stock so it may void the warranty?

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Drove it a little tonight to see if the light would go away.

Idle was shaky and driving slow in first and second gear were shaky. Almost felt like it was putting down the road. Boost is fine 18-22 PSI.

I'm at 36k miles how could there be something wrong already?!

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
I went to the dealership. You guys are right. I am under warranty for Fuel injectors and intake manifold until 2019 or 120k miles. I have 36k miles.

One last question. I was afraid to ask the dealership, but since my car is Stage 2 and after market intake and exhaust can they say that I voided the warranty because I have a tuned car? If so I will get re-flashed to stock and than I'll bring it in.

langer

i fix teefs
I went to the dealership. You guys are right. I am under warranty for Fuel injectors and intake manifold until 2019 or 120k miles. I have 36k miles.

One last question. I was afraid to ask the dealership, but since my car is Stage 2 and after market intake and exhaust can they say that I voided the warranty because I have a tuned car? If so I will get re-flashed to stock and than I'll bring it in.
Depends on dealer and mechanic. Some are cool with mods, others not. Unless you have intel that says they are cool, then reflash might be your safest best.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Depends on dealer and mechanic. Some are cool with mods, others not. Unless you have intel that says they are cool, then reflash might be your safest best.

Good call. Thank you. Anyone know a mod friendly dealer in NJ?

EDIT:

Just called my local dealer Hamilton VW. They said "We will absolutely void your warranty".

Did some research and Linden VW is mod friendly.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Linden or Douglas are both mod friendly...

The dealer has no authority to void a warranty however they can assist in making a case against warranty claims.

Here's the thing, you have that manifold code, they will have to scan it and send the log to the mother ship. They will note that you are flashed, even if you flash it to stock, they can see the software level and if it varies you will have a td1 note on your paperwork.

I've never had issue completing certain warranty work even with td1...with all vws bad press right now, it's easy to get anything from them.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Linden or Douglas are both mod friendly...

The dealer has no authority to void a warranty however they can assist in making a case against warranty claims.

Here's the thing, you have that manifold code, they will have to scan it and send the log to the mother ship. They will note that you are flashed, even if you flash it to stock, they can see the software level and if it varies you will have a td1 note on your paperwork.

I've never had issue completing certain warranty work even with td1...with all vws bad press right now, it's easy to get anything from them.

Good point. Appreciate the help man.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
UPDATE:

Went to Linden VW today. Excellent service and car is running like new. Very happy with how they handle everything other there.

Okay, so they called and asked me if I wanted to remove carbon build up for $400. They suggested me doing it at that moment because the intake manifold was already removed and I wouldn't have to spend the total of $700 for labor and the cleaning. I declined the offer because I looked up carbon cleaning on gti and recommended between 40-50k miles. I'm at 36k.

All in all, I'm going to try to avoid the carbon cleaning from the dealer and try out the sea foam cleaning.
What do you guys think about the sea foam spray cleaning? It seems legit on DIY forums and YouTube videos. It will save me $675 if sea foam spray is the real deal.