GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 and misfire codes - 100k miles

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
I have a 2009 GTI with 100,900 miles. I have been getting cold start misfires for a little bit now (P0300, P0301, P0302, P0304) and now I am also seeing a P2015 (intake manifold related?) pop up.

I am bring my vehicle in tomorrow to get it looked at, but I want to get your guys' opinion on what is going on before I get ripped off. Also curious about the severity of said issue.

My guess right now is carbon buildup (the misfires) and the P2015 (intake manifold) somehow related to that build up. The car seems to run totally fine aside from the cold start misfires. Replaced my coil pack after this started happening with latest rev, didnt help. Plugs replaced at 80k.

How urgent do you guys think this fix (whatever it might be) is? A DO IT TOMORROW type of fix or something that can wait a month? I'm guessing this won't be cheap. I have never had it decarb'd.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Have you checked the PCV valve? I had misfires at idle and a intake leak code. Ended up being my PCV valve.

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
FYI for anyone that doesnt know. There is an extended warranty on some 2009 GTI intake manifolds. 2018 or 120,000 miles. Whichever happens first. I am hoping I can get that replaced under warranty and get the carb cleaning done at the same time.

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
Well, got lucky. Dealership is replacing manifold under extended warranty and doing the carbon cleaning at the same time. Total is only going to be around 220 for the cleaning.

If you get your manifold replaced under warranty, have them clean the carbon at the same time!

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Well, got lucky. Dealership is replacing manifold under extended warranty and doing the carbon cleaning at the same time. Total is only going to be around 220 for the cleaning.

If you get your manifold replaced under warranty, have them clean the carbon at the same time!

Nice! How did you find out that you have extended warranty. I ended up buying the part my self and replacing manifold at home. It was a pain to do the swap. Maybe they can compensate for the intake manifold, I have receipts from buying the part from a VW dealer.

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
I was actually going to get the repair done at a non-official VW service place. When they went to order the part they were notified about the warranty from the parts department and in turn called me and let me know about it. I then called the VW dealership to confirm the extended warranty.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Good news. P2015 is always the manifold flapper. FYI, even with dump tubes or VTA catch can you will get buildup on the manifold and valves. I thought I could stop the buildup and I was wrong. It's the internal EGR and valve overlap spewing crap into the manifold.

schleygo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 GTI
I have an 07 GTI w 50,000miles and just got a P2015 code. Car is running fine. Wonder if VW as extended warranty for FSIs

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Pretty sure they did, you can call before you bring it in.