GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0087 help...yes i used search...

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
Hello,

first off yes i did use the search function...half the threads don't half solutions because OP's don't report back or the go off topic on whos schwartz is bigger....

long story short...went for a drive last night outside temp was -10C
decided to do WOT 4th gear....i hit redline and and the car bogged and that was that....No boost pressure was being built and the car was severely down on power....got it home scanned it with vcds...got a MAF code and the p0087...i cleared it and went for trip around the block...if i got wot the car goes no where....my afr gauge shows that fuel is being dumped because at 2nd gear struggling to even hit 3k my afr shows 11.4 :1

light came back on again and this time it was p0087

here is the freeze frame

000135 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure
P0087 - 002 - Too Low - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 69245 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 12:21:54

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 827 /min
Load: 18.8 %
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Temperature: 81.0°C
Temperature: 11.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.605 V

000135 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure
P0087 - 008 - Too Low
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 69245 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 12:23:00

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1477 /min
Load: 25.5 %
Speed: 19.0 km/h
Temperature: 81.0°C
Temperature: 9.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.351 V

i logged rail pressure spec vs actual here is the disaster of a result

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any help i would appreciate

mods are in sig...i dont have a cam folower i did the h2sportfix and i had bought a brand new apr hpfp.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Have you checked the hpfp and h2sport fix just to make sure they are ok?

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
Have you checked the hpfp and h2sport fix just to make sure they are ok?

^This, in fact I would call h2sport and tell them what is going on before I did anything else.

If that is all fine, I would replace LPFP, fuel filter, and N276. Depending on your mileage its just a matter of time before all of those need to be replaced anyway. It might be a good place to start.

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
Thanks for the input guys... but fuel filter was done less than 10k ago oil 2k ago.. plugs 15k ...car has 69k km's 50k mi on the clock....can some one elaborate on the n276?

tippity tappity talkin'

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
N276 purchase: You will need to find someone with a spare to sell, or buy a new HPFP
LPFP purchase: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Engine/Fuel/ES2179061/

N276 DIY: With fuel pressure relieved, the appropriate sized open ended wrench...
LPFP DIY: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129924

Edit: John at HPFPupgrade might be able to sell you a N276. It be worth asking him probably. http://hpfpupgrade.com/Products/Show/Volkswagen/2.0T+FSI/Audi+and+VW+DIY+Fuel+Pump+Upgrade But H2Sport upgrade is a pretty invasive change to your fueling system. Really would start with them before I spent money on this other stuff.

Last edited:

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
i have my stock hpfp this weekend i have access to a friends shop and i will swap out the apr for stock...

obdboost

Ready to race!
If ur only getting a only few bar when monitoring the high side pressure, and MVb 103 and 106 reading the same. If so I would install a known good sensor on top of the hpfp. U can swap the easily with a adjustable wrench.

Duster117

Ready to race!
If ur only getting a only few bar when monitoring the high side pressure, and MVb 103 and 106 reading the same. If so I would install a known good sensor on top of the hpfp. U can swap the easily with a adjustable wrench.
Yep. It would be a lot faster and easier than swapping pumps

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
Also, I thought an H2Sport roller install included modifying the pump plunger? If so you will want to leave your APR pump like these guys are saying. The sensor on top is the N276. Try just swapping that.

initialGTI

Ready to race!
Also, I thought an H2Sport roller install included modifying the pump plunger? If so you will want to leave your APR pump like these guys are saying. The sensor on top is the N276. Try just swapping that.

I say try the N276 swap.