GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oxygen Sensor clip

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
Trying to replace the o2 sensor on my 2006 GTI MKV. Actually sensor came out easy, but I can't get the clip to separate , despite frustrating hour trying. Is there some magic trick to this ? I searched all over but either videos skip it or it's obstructed. Anyone can give some advice here I'd be greatful. Would hate to have to take it to a dealer just to unclip 2 pieces of plastic.

Attachments

• 20210929_165147.jpg
    20210929_165147.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 78

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Trying to replace the o2 sensor on my 2006 GTI MKV. Actually sensor came out easy, but I can't get the clip to separate , despite frustrating hour trying. Is there some magic trick to this ? I searched all over but either videos skip it or it's obstructed. Anyone can give some advice here I'd be greatful. Would hate to have to take it to a dealer just to unclip 2 pieces of plastic.

ChanceTran

Car(s)
Golf MKV
Hi....I'm hoping to supplant my Heated Oxygen Sensor 1, Bank 2 because of a P0153 code. I bought another Bosch sensor just as an O2 sensor attachment (22mm) and was good to go to go this evening when I stalled out. For goodness' sake, the saddle connector between the O2 sensor and the wiring back to the ECM that sits directly in front, behind the radiator, will not withdraw.

Would someone be able to assist me with how these two connectors disengage from one another? The wiring bridle connector that plugs into the O2 sensor appears to have some sort of pressure spring discharge component. However, regardless of whether I attempt to push down on that and pull the connectors separated, or squirm a flathead in there, I cannot get them separated.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Hi....I'm hoping to supplant my Heated Oxygen Sensor 1, Bank 2 because of a P0153 code. I bought another Bosch sensor just as an O2 sensor attachment (22mm) and was good to go to go this evening when I stalled out. For goodness' sake, the saddle connector between the O2 sensor and the wiring back to the ECM that sits directly in front, behind the radiator, will not withdraw.

Would someone be able to assist me with how these two connectors disengage from one another? The wiring bridle connector that plugs into the O2 sensor appears to have some sort of pressure spring discharge component. However, regardless of whether I attempt to push down on that and pull the connectors separated, or squirm a flathead in there, I cannot get them separated.
Can you post up a picture of this connector.