GOLFMKV

Oxford Edition Show - 4th Nov 2007 - golfmkv.com stand

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
LOL.

RWD is the final frontier I've not yet had a go at. It's now time :biggrin:

I may very well be joining you in that frontier and as Neo says, i will no doubt end up in a tree too!

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
I feel that i'm letting the side down. The car hasn't been washed for 3 weeks, and is in need of some serious TLC. Hopfuly I've got my uncles garage for the day on friday so I'm gonna clay it and start from scratch. I can't do it saturdat as I'm taking the new lady out:wink:
May require a touch up sunday morning so all the cleaning stuff is going in the car. Plus some chairs to chill out on later.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yup I can see Sainsburys car park being lots of fun when it snows too LOL

LOL true that :p A friend of my old man once took me round in an S-class in Switzerland in winter... went into the carpark of some shopping place 0.o was mildly terrifying!

Nobber, what you got in mind?

I feel that i'm letting the side down. The car hasn't been washed for 3 weeks, and is in need of some serious TLC. Hopfuly I've got my uncles garage for the day on friday so I'm gonna clay it and start from scratch. I can't do it saturdat as I'm taking the new lady out:wink:
May require a touch up sunday morning so all the cleaning stuff is going in the car. Plus some chairs to chill out on later.

x2 collapsible seats in the back of the car may come in handy. And an umbrella, don't know what the forecast is like though.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Nobber, what you got in mind?
Well the Leon's gotta go in the new year as it'll be 3 years/50k miles old so I will be forced to replace it.

Right now I'm thinking diesel. This is a big step for me as i've NEVER had a diesel company car before, but working it out, I could be about £2.5k a year better off with a diesel. Thats a big chunk of cash right there.

So on the short list are:

BMW 320D M-Sport (in either tourer or saloon)
Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDi
Audi A4 2.0TDi (avant or saloon)
Leon Cupra 2.0 TDi (White with Aero Kit abd bigger wheels)

Any other ideas, then let me know!

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Well it's 177bhp and 260 lb/ft as std. I've had a word with my guy about tuning. He reckons just with a re-map and exhaust system i can see upto another 44/50bhp and 48/52 lbs/ft!!

So right now, the 320d M-sport is top of the list. I'm even thinking tourer as well the amount of times I wished the leon had more boot space is untrue.

I'll still have the golf for the days where I just wanna have some petrol fun!

cmdrfire

Go with the touring for extra kudos points!
A4 2.0TDI touring is also pretty damn nice, if pushed I might go for that over the BMW.
You thought about stepping up to a 5-series tourer?

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
right then boys!

I'll see you bright and early in the morning! Bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Oh and jonnyc and UK JU55 RUF if yor reading this please let me know if you will be joing us.

My number : 07946 151 339

cmdrfire

See you mate, will see you at Newbury services around 7:45 (knowing me, probably around 8 really :p )
Number is 07785 363688
I've got a couple of radios hanging about, you want I bring them?

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
evening boys.

Neo, radios would be a wicked idea! Bring em along!

Cars clean and we're ready. See you at either the services or the sainsburys.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
so how was the show? I've been hearin about it for a week....lets se some pics