GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Over the hill, car wont run:(

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
So the other night I was driving home and a deer jumped out onto the road. I attempted to miss it, and I did but slick roads put me over a hill. About 10 feet down the hill there is a little cement drainway where my front passenger side slammed into, sent me spinning down the rest of the hill. I was able to make it back to the road and about 50 feet to a parking lot. I got out to look at the damage and fluid was just draining, which i believe was washer fluid from the smell and the broken hose, however the resiviour was full still and so was all the other fluids(coolant,brake,oil). The car then stalled out and now it barely starts, and idles really really rough. I had to back it up and forward to get in place for the flat bed and when I did that I found myself playing with the clutch and gas sooo much just to get it to move. Damage isnt too bad but I'm just worried at whats broke mechanically. The body shop is owned by my cousin so thats one good thing. I'll be going there later today to check out the intercooler( could be the issue) and get a body parts list together. The adjuster gave me 3500 for just the body, and my calculations put me at around 1500 for parts (front bumper, fog grill and housing, fog light, new euro spec front lip kit, belly pan, fender liner, bottom center honeycomb grill). I will be installing everything by myself, he just has to paint for me. Im trying to be positive so I'm planning to upgrade to euro front lip, and have my lowers all colormatched while he is painting the bumper. Here's some pics, if anyone has any ideas to what the mechanical issues could be please let me know. Thanks guys.

tbar3894

VDUBBN
Car(s)
08 TR GTI
your intercooler piping is right there, so maybe it came off a bit? that might cause the issue you are mentioning as the MAF would be all sorts of confused.

X2 you car will barley run if you intercooler pipe is off or you could have a tear in you hose(assuming you have a stock intercooler) which you might not be able to see but when you get pressure in the hose it opens up

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Unless you're very familiar with every aspect of your car, i'd just take it to a shop and have somebody look at it and tell you exactly what you ned.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Word. A simple scan could show the problem. You're getting a bargain on the repairs. If need be, take it to a dealer for diagnosis.

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
My cousin owns the body shop its at, we are working on it together so I wont be paying much labor. Its not hard to look at the body and know what parts your going to need. Obviously once we take the front end apart there could be further damages that need to be taken care of. After talking with him today the intercooler is most likely the suspect but we wont know for sure till we get it ripped apart and scanned for codes.