funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
i think it sounds like a plug to me. prob with this car is its a beast 24/7. it can't let it's hair down like german/italian counterparts.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
If it was designed to be a civilised city car his nit-picking would be reasonable, but that isn't a GTRs design brief. I don't think that article will put off too many prospective buyers.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Id hate to see that guys review of a high end lambo, ferrari or porsche.
The compromises he lists are pretty insignificant.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Agree that little things like rain/light sensor lights/wipers should have gone in. How can a car with that price tag not have one when more generic low-end cars can??

Reverse sensors is a bit subjective.
Guess the lights would have been nice but not necessary.

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
A strong enough gearbox would be high on the list of sensible inclusions, too.

At least with a VAG DSG you can't break them with the launch control :)

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Mayb they should have just given philip king the maxima to drive then and drop the GTR at my place.

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

As someone has already said he'll be one Sad Panda when he jumps in a Lambo or a Fezz.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I doubt anyone who buys this for the main reasons would be disappointed. That jurno sounded pissed though, like his weekend was ruined when he didn't get to drive it due to a flat battery.

However given the asking price i'd still expect a few more luxuries like auto lights.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Agree that little things like rain/light sensor lights/wipers should have gone in. How can a car with that price tag not have one when more generic low-end cars can??

Reverse sensors is a bit subjective.
Guess the lights would have been nice but not necessary.

If you look at it from a different perspective. With all its technology and fancy materials, its amazing that a car with such amazing performance specs comes with any extra equipment considering the pricepoint its sold at.

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
If you look at it from a different perspective. With all its technology and fancy materials, its amazing that a car with such amazing performance specs comes with any extra equipment considering the pricepoint its sold at.

Hmm, dunno about that. APMitchell's R32 turbo was a lot cheaper, makes more hp but less torque (the R32 only has one turbo) and has a gearbox that can be launched.

Jig

Flow Motion
I laughed when I read his article. Its all subjective. Oh and bad boy, I have driven the new M3, it does not compare to the GT-R. Not even close and I am not talking about just performance. If you said R8 V8, then I would say dead on. But that is just me.

KWICKS

Now older and wiser
Car(s)
GTI, Liberty 3.0RB
i'd take an M3 over the GTR any day

And get owned by every GT-R out there. I'm torn - I've always wanted a GT-R but by the time I can afford one my head would say BMW every time.